WHV to Sponsored Nomination Visa

tiffanysamantha85

Hi there

My husband and I arrived in Aug 15 on a Working Holiday Visa. We have been working in our professions in Melbourne since November, 2 weeks ago my husband was offered sponsorship by his employer (he works as an Electrical Engineer), his company have sponsored many employees from the UK before.

Yesterday I was offered a permanent position at a great company as an Executive Assistant - However, they are not happy that my passport number still obviously shows as on a WHV.

My husbands company is currently sorting out the sponsorship nomination papers to send to Border Control with all his details on, as well as myself as his wife.

A) Do my husband and I also apply for a 457 sponsorship visa? Along with his employers nomination sponsorship?

B) How long will it take until we go onto Bridging visas? Or is this not until the 7th of Aug 2016 when our WHV's run out??

C) Is there a way around me taking the permanent job on a WHV visa, with a promise for the company that my husbands sponsorship will be granted and we shall soon be on a bridging and then a sponsored visa?

If there's anything else I have missed, advice or tips please let me know ASAP, I feel like I'm in limbo with accepting this role as they are looking to background and work right checks next Monday but I am trying to write a statement to promise them of all the above. The MD of my husbands company has written a letter to confirm they are sponsoring him and has told me that I can let the offering company for my perm job, contact him at any stage re the sponsorship he is putting through. So we're trying to cover all angles for my job offer!

Thank you

A) Your husband's employer will apply for sponsorship (if their existing sponsorship has expired) and then his nomination which would include you. Your husband can then lodge his application, which again would include you.

B) You would go onto a bridging visa when your existing WHV expires if the 457 hasn't already been approved by then. Likely the 457 would be approved before your WHV expires since they take in the range of 1-3 months

C) You can take the permanent job, however the only issue would be that your existing WHV only allows you to remain with an employer for 6 months. There's of course a risk that the 457 won't be approved, but you'd likely know that and have time to deal with any issues before the 6-month limitation was reached. Perhaps you can give the prospective employer a copy of the 457 application acknowledgement once you have that, along with a copy of the letter from your husband's employer confirming that they are sponsoring him and you for a 457 visa.

Tickled Pink - Of course but you get what I mean :)

MaggieMay24 - Thank you very much for your response. Yes they still have nomination sponsorship available since they last sponsored an employee. I will look into applying for our side of the visa this afternoon so it's matches up with their nomination.

I have just written a statement after calling a migration agent and the Australian Border Control with their advice to let them know the situation and I have attached my husbands company sponsorship letter. I guess all that's left to do now is cross everything so I can take this perm role!!

Archived