Which visa for my daughter?

Guest Julie495

Guest Julie495

Hi all, I'm new to pomsinoz and need any kind of advice please.

I emigrated here 6 years ago on my own and love the place, the only problem I have is my 20year old daughter at the time stayed in the uk, she visits every year and 2 years ago came over on a holiday working visa but unfortunately had to return to the uk after 4 months, she called an agent to see if she could return here and continue with her visa but was told no, she is qualified dancer but I'm afraid dancing isn't on any lists, is there a visa of any sort she could apply for that isn't going to cost an absolute fortune? A student visa is way too expensive.... I am going to an agent tomorrow but would appreciate any knowledge, thank you. Julie

Not that I can see. Even if she did a student visa, the vast majority have to leave afterwards as in order to go on to get a permanent visa afterwards, she would need to pass a skills assessment. That requires a mix of the qualifacation and a number of years experience. The exceptions are engineering and nursing. But both would be VERY expensive to do as an international student.

When you say she is a qualified dancer does she have a degree? If she does she could maybe go into teaching and do a PGCE in the UK, this is a one year course. Once you are a qualified teacher your skills assessment is based on qualifications and you don't need to have any post qualification experience to apply x

Archived