Bridging visa for travel (B?!)

eleanoralice1

Apply no earlier than 3 months before travel and no later than 2 weeks before, according to the blurb.

You should apply for your BVB no more than three months, and not less than two weeks, before the date on which you want to travel.

Some visas can only be granted while you are in Australia. If you apply for a BVB too far in advance of your travel, it could be difficult for us to assess whether your substantive visa will be ready for decision.

If you leave it until the last minute to apply for a BVB, you risk not being granted a BVB before you are due to leave Australia. If this happens, you might not hold a visa that allows you to return to Australia. You would then have to apply for and be granted a substantive visa before you could return to Australia. There is no guarantee that you would be granted a visa.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/020-

My reason for travel is to introduce family to new baby, how could I prove that? Would that be reason enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that would probably cover the grounds of travel. Perhaps you should send them a copy of the birth cert and a letter as to why you wish to travel you will need to leave and be back within a certain time frame from what i recall.

I don't think you'll have any problems.