How to get to adelaide

Bryson67

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate any advice on what do do in order to get to adelaide. At the beginning of the process don't really know where to start.

Current situation: myself 25, time served joiner of 10 years,

My wife 31, bachelors degree in business studies, currently a team leader for large supermarket in UK. Two children. One age 9 one age 16.

Wife's family live in adelaide and we were considering a family sponser but are they considered my family if they are in laws? As my trade is the route we were hoping to follow, due to my wife's occupation not being on the required skills list for SA.

Thanks in anticipation Bryson.

First, family sponsored visas are often not the best way forward unless you are seriously struggling with points.

All the family sponsored does is give more points. But, in order to qualify, you would need to still jump through the same hoops as a 190 state sponsored.

If SA is sponsoring your occupation (and you meet any special conditions) that is the better option. Have you calculated your points?

Second, note, when calculating experience, you can only count that which is after you becoming qualified. Experience gained during apprenticeship doesn't count.