Heading to the Gold Coast in 5 days time..... a couple of last minute queries

lynste

Cant believe this is finally happening and on Wednesday we will be boarding the plane to Brisbane:jiggy::jiggy:

Initially heading to a rental in the Gold Coast but will be looking for a rental in the southern Gold Coast possibly over into Tweed Heads. Ideally I want to be no more than a 30 minute commute to Gold Coast Airport but i don't know how far north that would take me?. I have read many posts about the commute time from the Gold Coast to Brisbane during rush hour but can anyone tell me how it is the opposite way? i.e. Pacific Pines to Gold coast Airport.

Winter?????? I appreciate that the area does get a winter but do I need heavy jackets or would a lightweight jacket be suitable? Is there any point in bringing my expensive knee length leather boots or should I just leave them with parents for visits home? Don't want to be bringing stuff I am never going to use.

Sure I will have more questions as the week goes on but any other help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

You won't need heavy jackets... the winter climate is still warm.

30 mins from Gold Coast Airport.... I'd suggest you don't want to go any further north than Helensvale / Pac Pines.

Thank you for that I thought Pacific pines would be more than 30 mins so thats great to hear:-)

Not at peak times it won't be

It can take me more than that to get from Helensvale to Mudgeeraba or Robina then it drops down to 2 lanes which is a nightmare when busy

If there's an accident forget it

They're trying to improve the motorways but it aint happening quick enough

The other day there was a bad crash involving a wagon which caught fire and it was a car park after that for many hours

Luckily no one was injured

I don't know the area's as well but to be closer to the Airport stay around Robina as the furthest north if you want a decent commute

Cant believe this is finally happening and on Wednesday we will be boarding the plane to Brisbane:jiggy::jiggy:

Initially heading to a rental in the Gold Coast but will be looking for a rental in the southern Gold Coast possibly over into Tweed Heads. Ideally I want to be no more than a 30 minute commute to Gold Coast Airport but i don't know how far north that would take me?. I have read many posts about the commute time from the Gold Coast to Brisbane during rush hour but can anyone tell me how it is the opposite way? i.e. Pacific Pines to Gold coast Airport.

Winter?????? I appreciate that the area does get a winter but do I need heavy jackets or would a lightweight jacket be suitable? Is there any point in bringing my expensive knee length leather boots or should I just leave them with parents for visits home? Don't want to be bringing stuff I am never going to use.

Sure I will have more questions as the week goes on but any other help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Bring your winter clothing. It does get cold here in winter. Daytime max in high teens but from 4pm until 10am it can get pretty cold. Minimum temperatures of between 6-10C. That is not extreme cold but bear in mind your body acclimatises so it winds up feeling colder. You may not wear your winter clothing often but I expect that you will wear them. Same with your winter duvet.

Make that almost zero insulation. In the UK it get's below 16/17 you turn on the central heating and leave it there for winter. Here there isn't that option so it's 6 degrees outside, it's 6 degrees inside. However, it doesn't stay that way and it'll climb to about 19-21 in the depths of winter during the day. You'll need duvets, pyjamas, dressing gowns etc, but during the day a light jacket and long trousers is perfectly sufficient, and by mid-morning you're likely to be back to short sleaves.. I know plenty of people who do continue to wear shorts year round. They just put up with being a bit cold in the morning. Don't forget winter is dry season here.