Arrival and Settling In: Help!?

CiderDrinkingCoder

Nice to see a few folks in the same boat as us. We are planning a trip in May and moving for good on September. I am a Project & IT Change Manager and do agree there are a lot of jobs going at the moment. I do read a lot on other forums about too many people and too few jobs, but it must be taken with a pinch of salt, not everyone is the same. As we all know well, there is always a tendency to come on a forum and moan rather than rejoice, and there are many folks who move to Mel and get into good jobs with weeks/months. LinkedIn is great and in today's market, you need to be local to get called. Being in the UK and trying to get a role in IT doesnt cut it anymore, but that doesnt mean there are no jobs :)

I am getting on to this post to see more updates, and provide some of my own as the months go by. For now its an anxious wait to get the good news, which could be a few days or weeks away!

KnK