Which migration agent should I go with? I'm in the UK.

Needtoknow

Thanks for the advise. It will be a long, hard process, but here goes!

Hey, if you're determined that's half the battle... We started this journey about 5/6 years ago and still aren't there.(nothing to do with agent, just visa criteria) ...but everything is in place for it now, we are just beginning to feel like things could be looking up....but we havnt given up. Xx

Wow you are so admirable! How old are you? We can't wait as we only have a year and a half before we reach 45!

Haha bloody hell first time I've been called that! Ahhh thanks! I'm 32, do it whilst you can...at least you'll be able to say you tried!! Life's for living! X good luck to you x

Trying our very best that's for sure, hubby's off on a working holiday visa in about 6 weeks to see what NT has to offer in way of work... And we're hoping it'll help in some way, if at least give him ozzy work experience... Very scary when he's leaving us here to miss him...but it's all or nothing :wubclub:

Just to remind you, and I'm sure you're aware, you do not need an agent to help you. You will be providing the same information to the agent that you would have to provide if you did it yourself and the process is designed primarily for you to do it yourself. Having said that many people find agents helpful and can suggest different visa categories and guide your through the process.

I would have to disagree with the statement that "the process is designed primarily for you to do it yourself". The process is designed around immigration law, which can be incredibly complex. If an applicant's situation is pretty straight forward and the applicant is comfortable doing a lot of thorough research, then many are able to navigate through and come out the other end with a visa. But there are a lot of complexities that can easily trip people up depending on their situation.

I'd always recommend people at least have a consultation with a migration agent to ensure you are on the best path and make sure you understand what you need to do.

I would have to disagree with the statement that "the process is designed primarily for you to do it yourself". The process is designed around immigration law, which can be incredibly complex. If an applicant's situation is pretty straight forward and the applicant is comfortable doing a lot of thorough research, then many are able to navigate through and come out the other end with a visa. But there are a lot of complexities that can easily trip people up depending on their situation.

I'd always recommend people at least have a consultation with a migration agent to ensure you are on the best path and make sure you understand what you need to do.

Our situation was relatively straightforward admittedly, but we did have our problems (we were caught on the changeover from manual to an online process). Once you start getting into the process I found it reasonably clear with plenty of information available both on the website, with a google search or with an E-mail/phone call to the immigration department themselves.

Now if you want the model of a clear, unambiguous and well thought out process take a look at NZ. A paragon of simplicity by comparison.

Archived