Partner visa question

can1983

I only ever got the one grant email for the 100. I was actually down for the 100 from the off according to my receipt for the visa charge and so on. No mention of the 309/100 or 309. I think my emails from CO had the same.

I think the 309 followed after by the 100 is a more recent thing. Or sometimes it seems the CO grants the 309 and forgets its the 100 and when asked about it, they grant the 100 straight away.

The 309 followed by 100 email thing does seem to be recent, its just started appearing on here in the last few months - never saw it before.

Thanks for all the replies, PR what I want form the off. Many of the jobs I might apply for require candidates with pr as they are linked to low classification defence items so this is a massive advantage.

We have old tenancy agreements, bills and and car insurance in oz from 2011 so I think defacto will be easy to prove, just all seems a faff!

understand about price hikes in the visa. TBH whilst its a pain I can see why aus would want to charge so much for many people its compulsory to pay it as you have to live in another country to avoid it. So all in all its probably only human rights conventions which stop it being tens of thousands of dollars like the parent one..

It may seem a bit of a faff but at least with your history you should get PR straight away, end of paperwork.

Spare a thought for those like me - Prospective Marriage (fiance) visa - then Temp Spouse - then PR......several years later sponsoring a new partner with temp Spouse and now PR - the amount of trees that have died for our visas is incredible!