Construction white card

Pmac

Hi I'm traveling to AUS in October on a WHV, I'm looking to obtain a white card in the UK before I travel so I can get work quicker, anyone know the best place to obtain a white card?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, I'm going to do the online course a few weeks before I fly out so I have an AUS address for them to send it to. The White card for construction sites is valid in all states apart from Tasmania.

Hi I'm traveling to AUS in October on a WHV, I'm looking to obtain a white card in the UK before I travel so I can get work quicker, anyone know the best place to obtain a white card?

Thanks in advance

Hi, not sure if you'd definitely need this. What job you looking to do? My husband has worked in construction for nearly 3 decades in the UK has a 457 visa for Sydney & works for a tier 1 company. He doesn't have this card.

Will be looking for labouring jobs on construction sites. It's a standard safety course most companies in AUS make there employees undertake. (According to the stuff I've heard online)

Thanks in advance

Hi, not sure if you'd definitely need this. What job you looking to do? My husband has worked in construction for nearly 3 decades in the UK has a 457 visa for Sydney & works for a tier 1 company. He doesn't have this card.

He must have a card, it may not be white, as this colour only came in with harmonization across the states prior to that states had differing colours, Queensland was Blue, NSW was green I think, the card colours are just nicknames for the "general industry induction"

Will be looking for labouring jobs on construction sites. It's a standard safety course most companies in AUS make there employees undertake. (According to the stuff I've heard online)

Its a State health and safety Act/regulation and not something which companies make you do, they are just complying with the law

I did mine on line back in 2010 before I came out and have worked on a fair few sites across sydney for some of the big companies never had a problem with the card it's white in colour.

As to not having one I am surprised that you could get away without one major problems when something goes wrong I would think.

Archived