Shipping to Tasmania

Bound4Tassie

I've been advised by Seven Seas that they will only ship a move cube as far as Melbourne, not on to Tasmania. Hardly door to door service!....but anyway...does anyone have any experiences or recommendations to get things from uk to Tassie? We don't need a full shipping container. If no one will deliver to Tassie we may be travelling very light indeed !!

I've been advised by Seven Seas that they will only ship a move cube as far as Melbourne, not on to Tasmania. Hardly door to door service!....but anyway...does anyone have any experiences or recommendations to get things from uk to Tassie? We don't need a full shipping container. If no one will deliver to Tassie we may be travelling very light indeed !!

How ridiculous!! Tasmania is part of Australia even if it is separated by a bit of sea. We sent our stuff from Sydney and it sailed into Launceston then came to our house on a truck. We had to wait nearly three weeks for it!

My recollection is that the shipping part (ie, by water) only goes as far as Melbourne and then we possibly had to pay extra for them to truck our stuff to Sydney. Surely they would be happy to charge you more, to get your stuff to TAS?! The mind boggles with these companies sometimes...

We used Seven Seas from UK to Tas door to door for a few boxes. Also had a quote from John Masons who will ship to Devonport.

Yes they will.do a few boxes but not a movecube. Was hoping to take bikes , golf bag, few items of small furniture then fill up rest of spaces with whatever would fit. Hence a move cube being ideal but at this rate looks like the extra transport costs to TAs make it not worthwhile! Looks like we might be beg borrowing or stealing off the Aussie relatives to kit out our house to begin with!! Lucky we've got relatives I guess!

Edited by Bound4Tassie