Has anyone used ForSaleForLease.com.au to sell property?

Sulac

Hi

We are trying to sell our house in Perth and are staggered at the costs involved. We have to pay for Marketing upfront and we have had quotes for between 2 and 2.5% as commission to the estate agent.

We have come across the above website http://www.forsaleforlease.com.au - has anyone used this site to sell their house and were there any repercussions?

Are there any legal pitfalls of selling our house this way?

Any advice appreciated.

Sulac

All real estate companies exist only to introduce the buyer to the seller (I was told this by an estate agent in the UK when I wanted to ask some difficult questions about a sale ). After that the legal people take over and complete the sale. ( Stated by the same agent) There is no justification for the existence of agents nowadays. The internet has some benefits.

apart from doing the advertising I dont know what they do for their money because you need a settlement agent or a lawyer to do the conveyancing. They dont even try to sell very hard. A rental we were in went up for sale and it wasnt even the agent that done the viewings, he hired some young girl to meet the people at the property, she just stood at the door and let the people walk round themselves, couldnt answer any questions about it, no wonder no one bought it!

Yep Real Estate agents are a joke, I'm selling as part of a neighbourhood syndicate for development and we had one agent quote 2.2% which was laughable as this one sale he would have made over $2.5million in commission in one go, he did nothing but pester us for weeks as this was a chance of huge pay day for a one man company. We ended up appointing a more suitable commercial real estate agent for a fraction of that. Real estate agents are like employment consultants they are only in the job because the are useless at everything else but have a brass neck.

The problem for estate agents is there is a big conflict of interest, they want a quick sale and an easy commission not a long negotiation for a minimal gain in commission.

I went to an open house with one of these companies, it was far more pleasant, even got offered a beer at the open. Looks like he sold it at a good price in a short time frame while not paying commission to an agent doing minimal work.

Archived