How to apply for spouse visa UK?

Jemvin

Marisawright did you provide any documents along with your sisters address? A letter from her saying you could live there? Council bill, deeds? I'm curious as the accommodation requirement is actually quite hard for us to meet with none of our family over there having the required number of rooms to spare. All of those documents have been mentioned to me as being required. Just curious what you provided.

The only mention of the accommodation requirement is on Appendix 2, which you print off, fill in and take with you to the biometric interview.

All we did was provide the details on that form. We didn't attach any supporting documents and we weren't asked any questions about it. In fact until you mentioned it, I'd never heard of anyone being asked about it!

Now I've done some Googling, I can see that some people do get sent a request for more information AFTER they've had their interview. From what I understand, their main concern is to be sure you're not going to be living twelve to a room, so I suspect that unless your financial resources are borderline, they don't bother chasing it up. I can see why you're worried though. Maybe someone else can shed light.

The only mention of the accommodation requirement is on Appendix 2, which you print off, fill in and take with you to the biometric interview.

All we did was provide the details on that form. We didn't attach any supporting documents and we weren't asked any questions about it. In fact until you mentioned it, I'd never heard of anyone being asked about it!

Now I've done some Googling, I can see that some people do get sent a request for more information AFTER they've had their interview. From what I understand, their main concern is to be sure you're not going to be living twelve to a room, so I suspect that unless your financial resources are borderline, they don't bother chasing it up. I can see why you're worried though. Maybe someone else can shed light.

Thank you Marisawright. From my research I'm seeing a trend in 'safe' country nationals having it pretty easy and relaxed with regards to ukvi so I'm not overly concerned.

we got the kids passports in two weeks where as some people wait 6 months or more.

ive just read as much as I can but I think it's gone past being helpful and is now detrimental. I'm questioning everything.

Archived