Net salary calculator

dthomp

Hi there,

I am trying to work out what my net salary might be and found a calculator http://salary.calculatorsaustralia.com.au/ but it has some check boxes that affect the results. Talking to a recruitment agent they suggested likely sponsorship would be on a 457 type visa and any salary package would get super on top of the base salary (9.5% quoted)

Does anyone know if I an to select yes/no to:

Includes Superannuation

Includes HELP debt

Non-resident

The last two seem to affect the net result quite a lot !

Many thanks

Dominic

I am trying to work out what my net salary might be and found a calculator http://salary.calculatorsaustralia.com.au/ but it has some check boxes that affect the results. Talking to a recruitment agent they suggested likely sponsorship would be on a 457 type visa and any salary package would get super on top of the base salary (9.5% quoted)

Does anyone know if I an to select yes/no to:

Includes Superannuation

Includes HELP debt

Non-resident

If the recruitment agency says the salary is likely to be excluding super then tick no to the super question - BUT when you get offered a position, always make sure you're clear about whether it includes super or not. Ask if it's not clearly stated.

The debt question is for people who have studied in Australia and have a student loan so that's a no.

You would be a resident for tax purposes.

Also make sure you understand the implications of a 457 visa - there are pro's and con's. It's a good option if you just want to spend a few years experiencing Australia, but it's just a temp job and doesn't give you any rights to stay long-term. Also if you don't like the job and want to leave, or if the company folds or you're retrenched, you have 90 days to find another sponsored job or you'll have to leave the country.

Archived