WHV application query re: dependant children

jodipodi

Hi, according to the immigration website you must apply via post for a WHV if you have dependant children.

So...doing that now....I'm struggling to see what the difference is by applying by post... It has no option to detail your dependant children even though they are 'non accompanying '.

It simply asks "do you have any dependant children that will accompany you to Australia?" to which we answer NO.

Can anyone shed any further information relating to this please....wondering if we actually really do need to apply via post and if so, why?...

Yeah Im just wondering though, if he ticks no...how on earth do they know to enquire about whether he has dependants then? Xx

I'd not try to second guess their logic tbh. It'll only give you a headache.

I do think it may be in case a CO has to get in touch in person or interview him. Online applications are processed within hours sometimes and its not like you'd have a CO assigned for it. A paper application will mean someones eyes will be cast over it and any concerns etc they will get in touch. That's my take on it anyways.

If they state it must be applied for via post, I'd do that and be done with it. I've not looked over the WHV application in a long time.

Yeah we will do....it's just got me worrying if it's actually 'ok' in their eyes for us to do this. .?!... Hes going to look for work, if he doesn't get it in 6 months he's coming home....if he does get a few months work we hope for him to apply for 190 whilst there ....I hope that'll all be OK with them?!

If your motivation is to use the WHV to potentially begin a recce journey for a PR application later on it's far better not to lie now. These things have come back to bite people on the bum later...

No.Bloody hell no, why would we lie?! We have no intention of lying?

If your motivation is to use the WHV to potentially begin a recce journey for a PR application later on it's far better not to lie now. These things have come back to bite people on the bum later...

On the other hand maybe not state up front is anything more than a working holiday even though for many people WHV is used as such to look at PR opportunities . Obviously be honest in every way especially on the dependants front as that in any case demonstrates your UK ties to leave at end of WHV

On the other hand maybe not state up front is anything more than a working holiday even though for many people WHV is used as such to look at PR opportunities . Obviously be honest in every way especially on the dependants front as that in any case demonstrates your UK ties to leave at end of WHV

He needs to be honest about the children as the intention of the WHV is to look for sponsorship.

If the OP lied now, it would come to light later when he applied for a different visa (and the necessity of listing dependents) down the track. That would seriously jeopardise any chance of a visa application being successful.

Can I just say....I appreciate all of the willingness to help....thank you... But we are not going to lie.

He is going to gain Australian work experience first and foremost.. That in itself is going to benefit him no end, if a long term job opportunity arises then fantastic.... That may not happen. I'm hoping that will all be OK with immi, it's not like he's planning on getting a job and disappearing into the bush without a trace of him ever existing like some do....it would all be done by the book so to speak so hopefully that will be acceptable? Xx

I think its the way you have asked the question - it kind of reads that you may just apply online (instead on paper for if you have dependents), and then you put in another post "Im just wondering though, if he ticks no...how on earth do they know to enquire about whether he has dependants then?"

It just came across to me that you may have been considering not being upfront about having little ones thats all...

I think its the way you have asked the question - it kind of reads that you may just apply online (instead on paper for if you have dependents), and then you put in another post "Im just wondering though, if he ticks no...how on earth do they know to enquire about whether he has dependants then?"

It just came across to me that you may have been considering not being upfront about having little ones thats all...

Oh sorry, I see!! No definitely not... I was trying to work out how they'd know to ask iyswim? I'm thinking well...there's no further questions? So I was thinking have I understood it correctly that he needs to apply by post.... Obviously he does.

Sorry, I can see why it mightve come across like that!!....no we definitely will be telling zero fibs.

Can I just say....I appreciate all of the willingness to help....thank you... But we are not going to lie.

He is going to gain Australian work experience first and foremost.. That in itself is going to benefit him no end, if a long term job opportunity arises then fantastic.... That may not happen. I'm hoping that will all be OK with immi, it's not like he's planning on getting a job and disappearing into the bush without a trace of him ever existing like some do....it would all be done by the book so to speak so hopefully that will be acceptable? Xx

I want to wish you the best of luck in the search, there is nothing wrong in using the WHV for that.

My only concern was that if you did not detail dependents now it would cause problems later, I think it was just the way it was worded that caused the uncertainty.

I think it's just last minute nerves and me thinking 'is this OK to do?! Will immi be OK with this proposal?! What if it's not OK?!! '

I'm a proper worrier....so as long as we're honest and clear all should be well you lot reckon yeah? Xx

I've got a feeling that it will work out for you. Your husband has the skills and experience (more than most), he just needs to meet the right people now to get the opportunity.

It may mean not living in the area of your dreams to start with, but I always think you should look to the long term 'game' anyway.

Archived