457 to 186 visa application

gray26

Good morning everyone,

Just a tentative inquiry for some advice if anyone can help. My boyfriend and I are in Australia and are looking at applying for PR, however we would like to complete the application ourselves.

He is on a 457 sponsorship visa and has been with the same employer for 2 years, i am De Facto on his visa. We are looking at applying for a Visa subclass 186 (Employer Nomination Scheme) Temporary Resident Transition Scheme.

Is there anywhere you can get a full list of exactly what you need to send off? I have been reading through the immi website and so far i can see we need

My partners employer needs to complete a form, lodge and be accepted before we can complete our application - however i can not seem to find this to print off for them?

To complete the online application form via immi gov account

Form 80 for myself and my partner

Police Checks for the 2 of us from the UK

Police checks for the 2 of us from Aus

Medical Checks for the 2 of us

Any help or advice from anyone who has completed this process would be great :-)

Thanks Claire

Both the employer nomination and visa application are online so there's no form to download/print. Once the employer completes the nomination, they should send your partner the TRN and sponsorship # at which point he can then complete and submit the application. If he'd prefer to wait until the nomination is approved (in case there's an issue and he doesn't want to risk the application fee), he can do that but it may add several months to the process. So up to you/him if you're in a hurry for the PR visas or not.

Archived