International MoveCube - how long does it take.

andrex108b

Hi guys,

Got my grant a few days ago and now packing my stuff. I am planning to buy Large International MoveCube service from Air Seven Seas, i've called them up and they are saying it would take anything between 71 - 87 days to get it delivered to Sydney.

What worries me is that I was reading some forums and guys are saying that sometimes they deliver within 2-3 weeks instead of these 80+ days... I simply won't be there that quick, I am working in Germany and need to finalize things here...

Can someone who used their service recently comment on how long it actually took Seven Seas Worldwide to deliver?

Another question I have is how long for do they leave the cube at our place to get it loaded?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Got my grant a few days ago and now packing my stuff. I am planning to buy Large International MoveCube service from Air Seven Seas, i've called them up and they are saying it would take anything between 71 - 87 days to get it delivered to Sydney.

What worries me is that I was reading some forums and guys are saying that sometimes they deliver within 2-3 weeks instead of these 80+ days... I simply won't be there that quick, I am working in Germany and need to finalize things here...

Can someone who used their service recently comment on how long it actually took Seven Seas Worldwide to deliver?

Another question I have is how long for do they leave the cube at our place to get it loaded?

Thanks

Not exactly recently (over 3 years ago) but ours was delivered 10 weeks after it was collected. However it was available a week or two earlier than that but we had to delay until our apartment was ready. Delivery within 2-3 weeks is only possible if they send the move cube by air - which I suppose they might do if they have spare space on an underweight shipment that's going by air but it seems unlikely. I believe the cube was at our place for 5 or 6 hours for loading. Certainly more time than we needed.

Ours was close to three months I think. They don't necessarily leave the UK port immediately and are held up slightly at the AU port as well, and then they need to be delivered to your home (they arrive in Melbourne).

There's no way it would arrive in 2-3 weeks by sea - it's a very long way and they stop off at other ports enroute.

Ours was close to three months I think. They don't necessarily leave the UK port immediately and are held up slightly at the AU port as well, and then they need to be delivered to your home (they arrive in Melbourne).

There's no way it would arrive in 2-3 weeks by sea - it's a very long way and they stop off at other ports enroute.

Thanks everyone for your replies. So I should expect to get it delivered within roughly 8-12 weeks.

That's perfect, just enough time for me to get there and rent a place.

Do you have to give an address for the cube to go to in Australia when you book or can this be done at a later date?

Yes, we had to give an address (which was the temporary accommodation we'd booked even though we knew we wouldn't want the cube delivered there). You can update it before delivery. If it's in the same city the change of address won't change the price at all.

We did our own pack up and from leaving our house to Oz and total time was 52 days.

I suppose it depends on a shared container or not,that's what can make the difference.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

A move cube will always be put into a shared container. It can slow things down if it's the first in and they have to wait to fill up the container.

• 1 month later...

Ours took 68 days between pick up and delivery. It actually cleared customs over a week previously, approx 60 days. When then phoned to arrange delivery this was the first date i could do, there was no mentino of storage charges so i think they are pretty flexible. However if you want them to hold it for multiple weeks it might be more of an issue.

If the movecube arrives before you have moved into your rental how long are you able to delay it for and I assume you have to pay for this?

It is about 12 weeks average. It won't be much quicker than that for a movecube. Usually it can be a few days to a week to clear customs.

You need to ask Movecube about holding it for you. We unloaded ours when it was delivered, stored it in the garage and then moved it all a few months later when we bought a house.

Even if you ship it the day before you leave the UK you should be in a house inside of 12 weeks to take delivery of it all.

Archived