Hello Bonnie Scotland!

MaryPoos

Hello,

After over 8 years in Melbourne, I have decided to make the move back home! It wasn't a hard decision, the time was right for me. I have had a lovely time in Australia, but home is where my heart is. So I plan to move back at the end of the year. I just wondered if there was anyone in Melbourne in a similar position, that would like to meet up for a cuppa and a chat. It would be nice to speak to people in a similar position.

Hi @ScottishAngel,

Yes, I moved back to Scotland after living in Perth for 5 years so not around for a cuppa but happy to talk about the move itself.

You must have moved out about the same time as us - 2008, I honestly think things are pretty much the same now as they were then, at least where we live in the Central Belt. Where will you be moving back to?

House prices had dropped whilst we were away but are now back at pretty much the same level, I started work within a month of starting to apply. The referendum was an interesting time - very positive in my view as people became engaged in politics in a way that I hadn't seen before (regardless of Aye or Naw) but that's died away now.

We have pretty much picked up where we left off, I was amazed how my friends just welcomed me back - I'd only known them 5 years before we left (shh don't tell anyone I'm English) so i'd been away for the same amount of time but I fit straight back in - as one of my friends put it 'you left a Jules shaped hole when you left so why wouldn't you fit back in' - that doesn't seem to be everyone's experience though so maybe I was just very lucky - possibly because their lives hadn't really changed, we were all still mum's of primary school children.

Hello! Ive just moved back to the uk from Melbourne last month. We were there for 2 years. We are From Glasgow and planned on going "home" but my husbands job has brought us to London. Any advice you need on Glasgow, just ask and also anything on moving in general!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm planning to move in the next month. I grew up in Glasgow and my family live there (dad's in Cumbernauld and brother is in the west end) now so happy to meet up for a chat in Melbourne. Personally I haven't figure out yet which city I want to move back to as I've lived all around the UK since I left Glasgow at 18 so I'm going see a bit of the world before I arrive back to give myself time to make the decision.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Archived