The coming Australia collapse

Guest xmas lights

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unemployment and too many apartments, along with crime not an issue then?

I'm sure like anywhere crime is more localised to certain areas, also seeing as QLD job statistics look reasonably healthy they can always commute an hour to get to work if desperate. Very busy every time I've been down there in recent months.

I'm sure like anywhere crime is more localised to certain areas, also seeing as QLD job statistics look reasonably healthy they can always commute an hour to get to work if desperate. Very busy every time I've been down there in recent months.

Probably due to conditions improving. But it wasn't long ago the stats pointed in a different direction. We shall see if the momentum will continue in positive territory post Games.

Not long ago had a call from a Real Estate agent here in Perth. Asked me if still interested in a property viewed prior to Christmas. I told him then it was a good $100,000 over priced. He's informed me the tenants are leaving and $80,000 knocked off the price. I answered conditions have worsened, difficult to find tenants now days, still at the very least $50,000 over priced as value has spiralled down since Christmas.

If I hold on another six months would expect to pick it up at least $100,000 from todays offering price. Probably more.

If I hold on another six months would expect to pick it up at least $100,000 from todays offering price. Probably more.

What was the location? I've not seen much movement in prices within the Zone1 area (unless they were horrendously overpriced to begin with).

I recall under $15 an hour. I believe median earnings to be around $45,000 a year. Very low if still applicable. Just take a look at housing prices in Auckland/ Wellington/Queens Town to get an idea.

Yes I was gob-smacked at the house prices, goes to show that there must be hell of a lot of people on above minimum wages if the housing market is able to sustain such prices.

Yes I was gob-smacked at the house prices, goes to show that there must be hell of a lot of people on above minimum wages if the housing market is able to sustain such prices.

Well waiting for a correction IMO. Hell of a lot with high mortgages more like it. The downside of cheap credit. It must be paid back. Just wait until rates turn around and rise. NZ has I believe a lot of foreign buyers as Australia. Immigration is running at high rates, as well as a high rate of returning ex patriots from Australia.

Well waiting for a correction IMO. Hell of a lot with high mortgages more like it. The downside of cheap credit. It must be paid back. Just wait until rates turn around and rise. NZ has I believe a lot of foreign buyers as Australia. Immigration is running at high rates, as well as a high rate of returning ex patriots from Australia.

Not all bad news then:wink:

Archived