where and how do i start the big move ?!

sarahod86

So we have been twice. I have some family in Perth ( 2nd cousins, great uncle) partner is a painter & decorator. I am a beauty therapist. We have 2 girls under 4 years old.

We are so stuck/confused on how to and where to start for this move.

Visas?! Money ?!

Any help/advice anyone can give would be amazin.

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The he first thing to concentrate on are visas and ensure one of you can qualify. Your husband is most likely to be the main applicant. Start with lots of reading of https://www.border.gov.au

in order to qualify, his occupation needs to be on one of the two occupation lists called SOL and CSOL. If it is on the SOL, then you qualify for independent visas.

The he next thing to check is that he can meet the requirements for the skills assessments. Then, you need to calculate points. Points are awarded for a number of things such as age. You need a minimum of 60 to qualify. At this point, many people find they are short of points and if so, taking English tests can give the extra points.

Once you are confident that you can pass everything - points, medicals, skills assessment, character. You need to get the skills assessment done and if points needed for English, get the test done - this needs care and he would need to revise as it isn't easy.

Once de all this is complete, you can lodge an expression of interest and wait to be invited. Once invited, you can lodge an. Application.

If your occupations and your qualifications are needed and you get enough points you can apply for a visa. Your distant relatives are irrelevant. If not then you have to rethink - draw a line or retrain in something that is required. Talk to an agent and see what your chances are.

Archived