190 PR , want to change to 189

hirt1980

Merry Christmas and a happy new year !!

I have applied initially for 189 with 60 points, in August 2013 ...seeing little or no progress, I applied for 190 from SA in Jan 2014 and I got it after pcc and medical in Sep 4 .I realized that with a couple of month more wait I could have got VISA under 189 , as did one of my friend , who had started processing around the same time as I had did.

I have completed my first visit to SA , for me and my family on July 2015.There seems to be not much opportunity for my job profile there ,I was wondering is there any way I could process again my visa under 189 , in order to have better opportunities.

Please suggest and share you experience.

Many thanks,

RT

Thankyou Lebourvellec and Marisawright .I plan to be in SA from June 2016 ,will look for opportunities there and hopefully should be going good.If that didn't work out ..i plan to apply for jobs in other states as well ..will the application in other stte be consodered since i have 190 from SA ..If it is considered ,do i need to get permission from case officer or migration authority to be allowed to work in some other state ......just some toughts .Thanks once again.

From legal point of view 189 is identical with 190. That means you're allowed to live/work anywhere in Australia, there is no limitation to the state that gave you nomination.

As somebody else said above, there is a moral (again, not legal) obligation. Difficult to be 100% moral without a job.

Nevertheless, I would suggest to contact SA emigration authority and explain you case.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived