Feedback on migration Agents

samsky

Hi all so after alot of stalling over the last few years have finally started an application to head to Melbourne im just wondering if people have any feedback or suggestions for agencies to use.

Brief bit about my application I am a electrician sorta 5 years experience onward with my apprenticeship.

as i have a young family this is a permanent migration via the SOL

My agent has said that a couple of minor blips on my criminal record should be ok (he has seen the full acro version).

so im more or less ready to get on with this and start an official application.

I am using the Emigration Group based in Chester frankly google searched and they were within the top 5 results and they proudly boasted about a few agencies they are affiliated with a bit like ABBTA when u book a holiday in the UK. My question is has anybody used them i had a friend who used to work for one of these companies and she claimed alot of people waste money because there's a lot of stuff you can do yourself for free.(although this was possible referring to temporary visas).

I have been told this full application is likely to set me back about £10k then i need about that amount i would assume to survive the first few months

So im looking at £20k i need to rack up in little over a year.

If anybody could provide a semi detailed version of how an agency works for you and if anybody feels they got their moneys worth it would be great.

Im more than happy to spend that amount to get me out there but i want to know that where these guys say with a 2 minor charges on a police record and the fact that i have only got 2 years experience prior to completing my electrical apprenticeship they can help me through and then theres this statement they will help find work for you before you go i just want to be sure im not being promised the world and in reality they wont be able to deliver.

(Im sorry about the spelling and grammar you will be pleased to know i rank 8 on ielts)

We have used the emigration group and I cannot praise them enough. Always on the end of the line and reply promptly to emails. I started my application with them in may and am now waiting for the visa to be granted. I am not sure about the finding a job before I go part as we are planning on travelling for 6months and applying for jobs ourselves once we are in the same time zone.

No thats great news to hear ive already made alot of changes in my life to get me to this position and i want to enjoy every moment of it. Considering doing a video log on youtube for it as theres not really anybody covering a full on permanent migration to Australia which i found a bit annoying as i wanted to see other peoples experiences.

Something else to throw into the mix: agents invoicing from the UK to migrants in the UK have to include VAT at 20% in their fees.

Agents invoicing from Australia to the UK don't have to charge VAT, or the Australian equivalent (GST).

I absolutely agree that price shouldn't be the sole determinant of who you instruct to advise you, but everything else being equal that 20% might be a factor.

Best regards.

Another vote for the emigration group. Couldn't fault them - they got us our visa.

Yes you can do it yourself, (depending how complicated your situation is) but we found it easier to let them do the legwork. they were upfront with the fees, their's and general application fees, so there were no surprises. in terms of cost, think we came in at about 8k all in.

Archived