Defacto visa question

Liamshikari

Hello all,

Just a few questions, as this is still the best place for help, and always much appreciated.

It's been almost a year since I applied for my visa and still not a word, which is fine as processing time is still in play, but just wondering is it wise to still upload evidence at this stage, I haven't been assigned a case office yet so I assume my application hasn't been fully looked at yet. I have obviously uploaded 99.9% of my evidence, just my partner and I recently got joint health insurance and thats a pretty good piece of evidence. Just thought I would ask the forums advice on this.

Also is it normal to have heard nothing within this time, like I know processing time is 12-15 months onshore, but we applied 19-12-14 (so almost a year) and not even heard anything from a c.o, should we be worried? ha

Again thanks for all your help guys!

Hello all,

Just a few questions, as this is still the best place for help, and always much appreciated.

It's been almost a year since I applied for my visa and still not a word, which is fine as processing time is still in play, but just wondering is it wise to still upload evidence at this stage, I haven't been assigned a case office yet so I assume my application hasn't been fully looked at yet. I have obviously uploaded 99.9% of my evidence, just my partner and I recently got joint health insurance and thats a pretty good piece of evidence. Just thought I would ask the forums advice on this.

Also is it normal to have heard nothing within this time, like I know processing time is 12-15 months onshore, but we applied 19-12-14 (so almost a year) and not even heard anything from a c.o, should we be worried? ha

Advice I've been given from a well respected agent this week is that you can certainly continue to upload evidence - its not essential but it helps the CO to see that after a long time waiting the relationship is still strong and ongoing. It may even prevent the CO for asking for more evidence near decision time.

You should have been assigned a CO by now, mine was 4 weeks after application.

Partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, CO (VF) allocated 06/05/2015. Police ACRO Check completed 24/09/2015, Medical Check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a C100 removal from jurisdiction for my Stepson, looking to locate to Melbourne Berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.

You should have been assigned a CO by now, mine was 4 weeks after application.

Partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, CO (VF) allocated 06/05/2015. Police ACRO Check completed 24/09/2015, Medical Check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a C100 removal from jurisdiction for my Stepson, looking to locate to Melbourne Berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.

thanks for getting back to me, i am applying onshore, The wait tends to be much longer for some reason.

Advice I've been given from a well respected agent this week is that you can certainly continue to upload evidence - its not essential but it helps the CO to see that after a long time waiting the relationship is still strong and ongoing. It may even prevent the CO for asking for more evidence near decision time.

Thank you so much, thats great to hear, do you think that it may also be a good idea to upload a bit of an update, like important aspects such as financial information etc?

Thank you so much, thats great to hear, do you think that it may also be a good idea to upload a bit of an update, like important aspects such as financial information etc?

No reason why not - anything uploaded can by taken into account. Even if you already have a CO they will still look at anything new that gets added. We are waiting for my husband's PR but I spoke to the agent as a personal friend, and he said to upload anything we have that could help.

Hello all,

I am not sure evidence from after you applied counts or not. My understanding is evidence from the 12 months prior to lodging is what is asked for. Having said that, if you've room then no harm uploading it but it may not be taken into account.

With regards to being assigned a CO, you still have a fair few months left to run of your timeframe and often its not until much closer to actual grant time you hear from then for on shore applications.

I applied 30/12/14 and heard back a few weeks ago to do my medical and police checks, im just in the process of doing my medical. but that's the first I've heard from them this whole time.

I continue to upload things if I think they are relevant (I didn't have much evidence to start with as we live with his parents so no bills)

I am not sure evidence from after you applied counts or not. My understanding is evidence from the 12 months prior to lodging is what is asked for. Having said that, if you've room then no harm uploading it but it may not be taken into account.

With regards to being assigned a CO, you still have a fair few months left to run of your timeframe and often its not until much closer to actual grant time you hear from then for on shore applications.

it does count-the extra that we uploaded is being taken into account and helps to prove that the relationship is still ongoing. Didn't matter so much apparently when timelines were shorter, but with such a long time waiting for grant now COs may want to see that things are still good between you. Hence more requests for extra information, and if that extra info has already been uploaded so much the better. Certainly doesn't do any harm, and like I said we have even been advised to do it.

Thanks guys for the advice, I think we will upload a few more things, we've got the space and it's more important things like joint health insurance and more financial evidence so I think it can't hurt to add a few more bits!

i was thinking I'm still within timeframe so shouldn't be too worried about no CO just yet, just coming up to that year you start to get a bit nervous haha! But thanks again guys!

Archived