I took Panda (my cat) to the vet for the first time on Sunday, all OK!

MARYROSE02

After Googling "taking your cat to the vet" I thought it was going to be a frightening and stressful experience, but after finding a vet just down the road from me (Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, NSW) it went OK. The vet told me to wrap her in a blanket and then put her in a bag. I got my friend Alex to do that bit as I'm still wary of Panda's "fangs" and "talons". The vet showed us how to wrap her up "like a burrito."

I was worried that she had a bad infestation of fleas but the vet found no sign of live fleas, though there were signs of flea "detritus?" (Is that the right word?) I'd already bought stuff to squeeze into the base of her neck (to ward off the eggs) and a flea collar so perhaps they are already working.

He checked her over and vaccinated her and gave her a worming tablet. Suggested buying "Frontline", "Advantage" or "Advocate" to ward off the fleas, and "dental/oral" biscuits and chicken neck/wing (raw) to help with her dental care.

I'd made an appointment and there were no other people waiting so no hassles with other pets. It cost about $80 I think, and Panda seemed mostly unstressed by the experience.

Is Panda your cat officially ?

I thought you were just looking after her.

Get rid of the flea collar. You don't need that.

The once a month with Advantage is all you need for fleas. Also give a Milbemax tablet once a quarter which is an all wormer. And yearly vaccinations.

Don't worry about any flea dirt on her currently once you start the Advantage she will clean the other stuff off herself.

Is Panda your cat officially ?

I thought you were just looking after her.

Get rid of the flea collar. You don't need that.

The once a month with Advantage is all you need for fleas. Also give a Milbemax tablet once a quarter which is an all wormer. And yearly vaccinations.

Don't worry about any flea dirt on her currently once you start the Advantage she will clean the other stuff off herself.

Their owners moved out to Liverpool and they decided to let me keep her. I have neighbours who love her too so if I'm not around they care for her. Thanks for tips.

uploadfromtaptalk1448326832843.jpg

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1448326832843.jpg