Onward journey after quarantine

chatterbox

Hi everyone,

I've just requested an online quote from Dogtainers, JetPets and Pet Express Transport Services for my dog's onward journey to Perth from the new quarantine facility in Melbourne (are there any other I should be trying?). He arrives in January. I won't hear back from them for a wee while, but in the meantime I wondered whether someone could someone help me with the following queries:

1. Is there likely to be a set pick-up time for collection from the quarantine? I'm worried that this will cause him not to be able to fly home on the day he leaves the facility :(

2. Is it normal practice for the crate he flies over to Oz from the UK to be reused for the onward journey? Will this be retained and cleaned out before reuse, or will I have to buy a second one.

I'm aware that I can ask the shipping companies these questions but they are spinning around in my head just now and I'm always sleeping or working when they are open to take calls at the moment.

Thanks very much in advance.

I would not worry about these too much , if you are doing it with a shipping company. They keep the crates till the release date, and it does not make sense to change them if the crate is in good condition after the long flight.

In our case, when I collected my cat, they gave it to me in a different crate, but they never notified me or asked me to pay for it. They most probably will let you know in advance if you have to provide. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

We are using Dogtainers to fly our two Shih Tzus from Melbourne to Brisbane next month. They just asked what their release date was and they then arranged for the flight. They do it all the the time so they must be aware of release times etc.

They are reusing the original crates - unless they are damaged which I wouldn't expect.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to have not do the same thing with our boy later in the year but the flight will be to Adelaide Seemingly Jetpets are very good my son has had pups flown from Queensland to Adelaide without a hitch List the questions with your shipper too they are usually experts Who by the way do you intend to ship him with and what breed is he Ours is a Shar Pei so only certain times of year he can fly with Emirates from the UK

• 2 weeks later...