Removal costs

Kai

Hello,

I've just had a quote from a company to take 200 books & documents, 2 big toolboxes with tools, and loads of clothes from London to Perth.

£366 is this good?

I'm interested to know what you shipped over?

How much it cost?

What did you replace once in Australia?

Did you regret not taking anything with you?

Many thanks

Kai

I've just had a quote from a company to take 200 books & documents, 2 big toolboxes with tools, and loads of clothes from London to Perth.

£366 is this good?

I'm interested to know what you shipped over?

How much it cost?

What did you replace once in Australia?

Did you regret not taking anything with you?

That sounds pretty good to me.

We recently came back from Oz to the UK and I must say, I'm sorry we didn't ship more of our furniture and belongings. Although none of it was new, most of it had several years' life left in it - and not having had to buy new furniture and kitchen stuff for a while, I was shocked at the cost of replacing it.

More importantly, though, I hadn't thought about the time and hassle involved in traipsing round the shops to buy all the stuff, especially if you're new to an area and don't know the retailers.

Of course, if you ship everything, then you have the juggling act of when to send it and how to manage until it all arrives!

Sounds a decent price to me..

31/2 years ago we paid a $1000 for a move cube.

We actually crammed a lot into that cube, but smaller cubes would be cheaper. Waiting for the cube to arrive, we had already replaced a lot of stuff.

Further down the line, I think all we have left of the original move is photos. Which we've never looked at, and are now in the loft.

If I had to do it again, I would leave everything and start afresh, but all situations are different

Archived