Travel Insurance - One-way trip (AU to UK)

Progressive

Hello,

I am trying to find a company which will offer the following:

Travel insurance (with health cover, pre-existing conditions covered though I assume this will be unlikely) to cover a one-way trip AU to UK. I need cover for the unlikely event that I fall in whilst in transit (three hour layover in Middle East, not leaving the airport).

Any practical experience of this, or general advice?

We always use STA and they did one way for us when it was Uk-Aus. Lasted 72 hours from departure date.

Had to go in and take the policy out in person was the only thing. Perhaps give them a call here and see what they say.

I've wondered about this, because you have no address during the transit period - Is it a particular type of insurance (for instance if you came a cropper where would they repatriate you to?)

That's the main difference as it was explained to me, normal travel insurance would take you back to the departure country, one way or migration insurance would sent you to your intended destination.

Edited by amibovered

Guest jetandspade

The is one called Accident and Health. They are very good. The pay up quickly. However if you are having trouble getting insurance its a good idea to go through a broker. It won't cost anymore.

We always use STA and they did one way for us when it was Uk-Aus. Lasted 72 hours from departure date.

Had to go in and take the policy out in person was the only thing. Perhaps give them a call here and see what they say.

Legend, thanks. For future searchers, STA provided the cover I was looking for; one-way AU to UK. They were able to cover pre-existing conditions for an extra cost. Rough costs were $65 per person, another $50 for a stable pre-existing condition.

Legend, thanks. For future searchers, STA provided the cover I was looking for; one-way AU to UK. They were able to cover pre-existing conditions for an extra cost. Rough costs were $65 per person, another $50 for a stable pre-existing condition.

Glad they were able to cover you. We've used them for 15 odd years now and never had an issue. And the one way was no fuss and was about £100 for all 3 of us when coming over to Aus. So cost wise going the other way seems decent.

• 3 weeks later...