Sunshine Coast Suburbs

BlueKangaroo

Relocating in next 3 months and I've found properties I like from Miniyama to Wurtulla (ideally I'd like to be southern end of the sunshine coast). I love the idea of being a short walk to the beach, but I can't see where I'd go and get a coffee or go out for dinner (or even where the shops are). Actually it all looks a bit flat and featureless - of course this is on google streetview and I've only walked a few streets. Can you tell me where you go to do these things? Are these neighbourhoods purely residential?

I've been to Noosa and Sunshine beach before, and I love the idea of walking along the beach to get a coffee or breakfast. Is Noosa the only place like that? Are there nice places to go out to dinner? where do you go?

Should I be looking at different neighbourhoods?

Yeah I love sunshine beach, great little village.

What about down near Dicky beach? There are some coffee shops around Currimundi too. Think Wurtulla may be a bit bland.

Have you investigated around the Mooloolaba area... there are lovely coffee shops and eateries right on the front there, not to mention some amazing coastlines, and some great fresh fish restaurants/take-away places. Loads of the regular things too like Woolies, Coles, big outlets etc...

Mountain Creek is another nice area, but more residential, but easy access to all the above.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions been checking those out! What's Buderim like? I'm sending DH out for a reccy next month so it's good to have some starting points!

Zack I've seen you previous comments. I've been to Tin Can Bay and I can see why you feel like that if you live there - we'll be sure to stick to the main Sunshine Coast!

Most Places on the Sunshine Coast are Dead. We Live At Tin Can Bay.And it's one foot in the grave.

Probably because you always sound like Victor Meldrew................but without the mirth. You chose to live their pal. If you find "Most Places on the Sunshine Coast are Dead" then I doubt if you'll be happy anywhere and will likely got to your grave comlianing about the the size and state of the plot. Life's too short Zack and you need to make of it what you can and embrace what's left of it instead of constantly whingeing. I can't believe that you're ex service with the attitude that you display on this forum.

Archived