Bringing an underaged sibling to Australia?

ashotofhails

I have been googling and looking around the immigration website to find information on how to bring an underaged brother to Australia.

But I could only see sponsoring parents to come live in Australia, and nothing about siblings.

Is there any way to bring an underaged sibling to Australia if I am a Permanent Resident?

And if there is, how does it work?

Thanks in advance :)

What's the definition of dependency?

He's my only sibling and currently living with parents in my home country.

He is not dependent on you then, and also would be unlikely to be allowed to be removed from the care of both parents.

This is probably a non-starter.

BB

What's the definition of dependency?

He's my only sibling and currently living with parents in my home country.

Dependant - in a nutshell: either an immediate family member, spouse - or child or another dependent family member living with you and dependent upon you for the necessities of life - not working, never married, not de facto or engaged.

If not included on an application before it was decided, dependants other than spouse/child /parent/orphaned relative cannot be sponsored later.

If a dependant (who was dependent at the time) was not included as a visa applicant or as a non-migrating dependant on a visa application this could (sometimes has been) treated as false or misleading information, with consequences ranging up to visa cancellation.

If you were able to sponsor your parents and your sibling was dependent upon them, he could be included in their visa application.

Other options could be student visa/skilled visa depending on age, qualifications and financial capacity.

This is not a professional opinion, only a commentary on your post.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Archived