Expired PR + Citizenship letter

thekevjones

Hi All,

My family and I have lived in Sydney since June '11 on independent 175 PR visas/British passports. The visas expired in Oct'15 but in Aug'15 we received acceptance for full citizenship from Aus government.

If we travel to the UK in December with the above docs, as is, will we be accepted back via immigration, without any RRV or having done ceremony + Aussie passport (application)?

Appreciate any previous experience or understanding on this matter?

Thanks in advance ?

Kevin

You have to leave and enter on an Australian passport. I would getting passport applications in asap so they are ready for your December trip. You can get rushed passports if necessary (< 3 days) for an extra fee.

Edit - re-reading it looks like you maybe have not done the ceremony yet? If that is correct you would need a RRV

Your visas have not expired, just the freedom to travel in and out of Aus whenever has ended.

Agree you'll need RRV's to depart and re enter Aus. Apply now for them so its all sorted well ahead of time.

One thing that may be possible in these circumstances is to contact your council to see if they will arrange a one off ceremony for you. Many councils will if there are special circumstances. Some will do it regardless for a fee.

If they will, then book an appointment at your local passport office for straight after the ceremony and they can get your passports done very quickly - I had my passport the morning after my ceremony.

Archived