Partner evidence for 189/190

VicViP

Hi PomsInOz-er

I am going to apply EOI under 189 and 190 by the end of the year. I am currently 5 points short and I am considering the partner skill option. My girlfriend is an accountant with decent english and positive skill assessment from CPA.

Me and my girlfriend have been in relationship and living together for 1.5 years. But we do not have any hard evidence. We lived in an apartment under my father's name, meaning there's no lease document issued. We do not have joint bank account, and only little letters coming in for her. I have been paying all utilities, and my car is solely under my name.

Other than hundreds of our pictures and our Melbourne trip tickets, we do not have any hard evidence. As such, I am thinking of registering our relationship in Queensland: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/marriage-weddings-and-registered-relationships/registered-relationships/

Would a registered relationship, hundreds of our pictures and local trips sufficient to prove that we are a partner?

Consecutively, I am planning to do a joint account and pay our next bills with that account.

Thanks in advance! :yes::yes::yes:

Hi PomsInOz-er

I am going to apply EOI under 189 and 190 by the end of the year. I am currently 5 points short and I am considering the partner skill option. My girlfriend is an accountant with decent english and positive skill assessment from CPA.

Me and my girlfriend have been in relationship and living together for 1.5 years. But we do not have any hard evidence. We lived in an apartment under my father's name, meaning there's no lease document issued. We do not have joint bank account, and only little letters coming in for her. I have been paying all utilities, and my car is solely under my name.

Other than hundreds of our pictures and our Melbourne trip tickets, we do not have any hard evidence. As such, I am thinking of registering our relationship in Queensland: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/marriage-weddings-and-registered-relationships/registered-relationships/

Would a registered relationship, hundreds of our pictures and local trips sufficient to prove that we are a partner?

Consecutively, I am planning to do a joint account and pay our next bills with that account.

Thanks in advance! :yes::yes::yes:

Hi,

If you meet the requirements for relationship registration in Qld (one of you living there for six months, neither of you married), you would be able to include your partner for points purposes and as your partner in the application.

Does she meet the requirements for a skilled visa as the main applicant?

Joy

Hi,

If you meet the requirements for relationship registration in Qld (one of you living there for six months, neither of you married), you would be able to include your partner for points purposes and as your partner in the application.

Does she meet the requirements for a skilled visa as the main applicant?

Joy

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your swift reply! Glad to hear that these are sufficient. We had a talk with the Brisbane Registry and that we are eligible for it.

As per your question, unfortunately she is not in the position as the main applicant due to the amount of points required for Accountant (70 points, since 26 August 2015). At the moment she only possessed 60 points, inclusive partner skills. Hence, I would really think that I should be the main applicant :laugh:

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your swift reply! Glad to hear that these are sufficient. We had a talk with the Brisbane Registry and that we are eligible for it.

As per your question, unfortunately she is not in the position as the main applicant due to the amount of points required for Accountant (70 points, since 26 August 2015). At the moment she only possessed 60 points, inclusive partner skills. Hence, I would really think that I should be the main applicant :laugh:

Hi again,

Have you two looked at all state options as well, for both occupations?

Joy

Hi Joy,

Absolutely. I am planning to apply EOI 189 with 65 points, along with 190 NSW state sponsorship for 70 points. I am not eligible for QLD state sponsorship as Software Developer position requires 5 years post qualification. I am absent of such working experience, particularly in the software developer position as all I do is merely freelancing. Though other than NSW, QLD and VIC, I did not looked at other state requirement.

Fortunately, both of our occupation is present in NSW occupation list: Software Engineer (261313) and General Accountant (221111). We do not mind residing in NSW for 2 years. We would think of it as opportunity and experiences.

My point rundown at the moment:

-22 years old, 25pts

-IELTS 7 each, 10pts

-Bachelor of IT, 15pts

-Australian Study, 5pts

-Professional Year, 5pts

Total: 60 point, exclusive partner skill/state sponsorship

Her rundown at the moment:

-22 years old, 25pts

-IELTS 7 each, 10pts

-Bachelor of IT, 15pts

-Australian Study, 5pts

Total: 55 point, exclusive partner skill/state sponsorship

Hi Joy,

Absolutely. I am planning to apply EOI 189 with 65 points, along with 190 NSW state sponsorship for 70 points. I am not eligible for QLD state sponsorship as Software Developer position requires 5 years post qualification. I am absent of such working experience, particularly in the software developer position as all I do is merely freelancing. Though other than NSW, QLD and VIC, I did not looked at other state requirement.

Fortunately, both of our occupation is present in NSW occupation list: Software Engineer (261313) and General Accountant (221111). We do not mind residing in NSW for 2 years. We would think of it as opportunity and experiences.

My point rundown at the moment:

-22 years old, 25pts

-IELTS 7 each, 10pts

-Bachelor of IT, 15pts

-Australian Study, 5pts

-Professional Year, 5pts

Total: 60 point, exclusive partner skill/state sponsorship

Her rundown at the moment:

-22 years old, 25pts

-IELTS 7 each, 10pts

-Bachelor of IT, 15pts

-Australian Study, 5pts

Total: 55 point, exclusive partner skill/state sponsorship

Good summary!

Are you both currently in Australia? If so, when do your visas expire?

Joy

If you could post your points it might help. Are you claiming max points for English for instance?

you did it whilst I was typing!

you could get more points for English, probably cheaper and quicker than claiming the partner points.

Hi rammy,

I wish I could! Best IELTS result for now: 8L, 7R, 7W, 9S

I am claiming 10 points from English proficiency. I only did 3 IELTS so far and as far as I'm concern, getting an 8 for each bandwidth would require a whole lot of preparation. Judging from my current skill, I would not be able to achieve at least 8 for the writing component, hence my alternative for partner skill :unsure:

Good summary!

Are you both currently in Australia? If so, when do your visas expire?

Joy

Hi Joy,

Yes, we are both in Australia. My 485 visa expires on 3 June 2016, while her student visa expires on 16 March 2016.

Depending on how fast the invitation would be, I would probably suggest her to get a 485 visa if necessary.

Archived