anyone applied for citizen by decent?

skippy79

hoping someone can help me here who already has applied for citizenship by decent

Everything has been filled in and paid for online through the immi account, and after a month or so the status changed to finalised.

When I view my online lodgement it says citizenship acquired next to applicant, so very happy here, but whats the next step?

Do I received something in the post? how can I apply for a passport?

thanks

Edited by skippy79

I assume you are talking about Australian citizenship by descent in which case, unless things have changed in the last few years, you will receive a certificate of citizenship in the post. You will need this to apply for your passport. The forms are on the Internet and you should be able to find them with a Google search.

Ok thanks. We're in belgium. Hopefully get the certificate this week. I'll have a look tomorrow on the computer for the forms for her passport, would we have to go to an embassy to for it? Saw somewhere on the immi site that if in belgium we have to contact madrid. We are also in london next month, do they still do passports?

Ok thanks. We're in belgium. Hopefully get the certificate this week. I'll have a look tomorrow on the computer for the forms for her passport, would we have to go to an embassy to for it? Saw somewhere on the immi site that if in belgium we have to contact madrid. We are also in london next month, do they still do passports?

London do passports, yes. I'd see from Belgium where they have to go. Usually there is an interview. You may be able to do this in London but you do have to book an appointment in advance (its only an hour or so) and if you can do it there, why not book it in and get it out the way.

Here is the High Commission info for London

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Passports.html

Read the link that applies carefully and if need be call them and ask if you can make an appointment or not.

This will apply to you.

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/PPTResidentOutsideUKPPTResidentOutsideUK.html

So on monday my neighbour turned up at my work ( they have just moved out) with my certificate for my daughter, was really happy as it was 9 days since it was approved and thought something had gone wrong. I have also contacted the australian embassy in brussels and all we have to do is fill out some forms, make an apointment and bobs ur uncle.. Passport should be here a few weeks later.

Thanks for the advice and help