points visa

yorkshire rose

Hi , I have now at last been informed that I have passed my skills assessment. As some of you will know various documents have to be acquired to achieve this, in particular an English language test, My assessement has taken so long that my IElts Test has now expired. I am wanting to put in a EOI now, Will they just accept my complete skills assessment as proof that the IELTS was achieved or am i going to have to bloomin sit the the thing again ..............:arghh:

Firstly, congrats on the skills assessment.... I agree its a big step forward.

Whilst I am clearly not a migration agent, I think it depends on whether you need to claim additional points (for your VISA) from english language skills. If you are not relying on anymore points than you get with a UK passport (I am presuming you have one), then it would be reasonable to assume you only needed a current English Language test for the purposes of your skills assessment.

However, if like me and many others you need additional points to support your visa appllcation, then YES, you will definitely need a current English language test score (e.g. IELTS) BEFORE you apply.

What is very important to understand is that you must be able to provide evidence to support your EOI application as of the date of application. You risk losing your visa fee if you claim for points that you do not currently have.....

Hope this makes sense....

Hi,

IELTS tests are valid for three years for visa purposes.

Agree with the above. If you need to claim points for English, you will need a current valid test at the time you are invited to apply. If you are a UK passport holder and are thus exempt from IELTS, you will score zero points for English but you can lodge an EOI, and be invited to apply.

Joy

Archived