189 vis documents requirements???

steven106

Right situation is i am doing my brother in-laws visa, we have just received his invite, but he's going to pay for the visa in a couple of weeks, he's hopeless when is comes to computers so i will be uploading the documents

for him (in australia)... my question is....

What documents do i need him to send me so i can upload them in to the system ones he's paid...???

hes a solid plasterer and his bringing his fiancé and his 2 boys who are 14 and 3.

so will i need there passports, birth cert's evidence of relationship, his trade papers, anything else?

Steven106, here's a link to the the 189 visa document checklist - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-/Skilled-Independent-visa-(subclass-189)-document-checklist think that should answer your question. To note, you don't have to upload medicals and police clearance certificates at the time of application but can rather wait for the CO to request them. We frontloaded our application and got a direct grant, so can avoid delays if you want to upload them straight away. And yes, I think your brother will need to supply evidence of 'genuine' relationship with his fiancee, photos, joint bank account, emails, tenancy agreement etc.

Yes, they'll need documentation to prove their de facto relationship. Is she mother of the children, or does he have authorisation to remove the children?

she's the mother of the 2 kids been together 15 years just have never got married yet.. they are engaged.. thanks

Hi,

You need to make sure that the lodged documents reflect the points claimed in his EOI, as his invitation is based on this. For example, if he claimed 10 points for overseas work experience, he would need to show the right evidence of employment (either salaries, contractor or self-employment) and payment for all work claimed. If the documents do not reflect the claims in his EOI, the visas may be refused.

Joy

Archived