State sponsorship WA

Azdent

Hi all,

New to this forum, so any advice will be much appreciated.

What is the procedure to apply for state sponsorship for WA? Do you just put in an EOI on Skillselect and wait to see if you get an invite?

I put in an EOI for 190 visa for WA a few months ago (65 points), but have not received an invitation :(

My occupation is listed as 'schedule 2' on the CSOL, which means I need a job offer to qualify for State sponsorship. I do have a job offer in Perth, but since I could not include this on the EOI, do I need to contact the WA immigration department?

I am not using a migration agent, so just wondering if I am doing the right way.

Thank you :)

Well not everyone will receive an invitation for state sponsorship. It is not like the process for visa invitations, where everyone can expect an invitation sooner or later. Can't see any harm in contacting someone in WA, worse that can happen is they ignore you.

Hi all,

New to this forum, so any advice will be much appreciated.

What is the procedure to apply for state sponsorship for WA? Do you just put in an EOI on Skillselect and wait to see if you get an invite?

I put in an EOI for 190 visa for WA a few months ago (65 points), but have not received an invitation :(

My occupation is listed as 'schedule 2' on the CSOL, which means I need a job offer to qualify for State sponsorship. I do have a job offer in Perth, but since I could not include this on the EOI, do I need to contact the WA immigration department?

I am not using a migration agent, so just wondering if I am doing the right way.

Thank you :)

Have you checked WA's minimum requirements for sponsorship? Just having an occupation on the list is not, in itself enough?

There is no guarantee that you will receive an invitation, as invitations are issued to those with the highest ranking Expression of Interest by points score, subject to occupation ceilings and which meeting the State nomination minimum requirements.

If invited, you will then be asked to provide evidence of a job offer which meets the requirements.

Our last 190 took about 3 days to get an invite from WA after lodging the EOI.

Just an update - I received an invite today, 2.5 months after I submitted the EOI. I had actually given up. Advice for anyone applying for state sponsorship, the invites may not happen as swiftly as they do with the 189 visa, so hang in there :)

Archived