489 Visa Restrictions. Need Help

BigAngel

Hi

Please can anyone help me???

I am currently on a 489 regional visa, I have lived here for a year now and worked for a full year. My understanding is as part of the 489 visa restriction you have to work for 1 year and live for 2.

I am correct in thinking now I have worked for the full year regional I can now work anywhere???? I will continue to live regional as we are building our new home.

How do I provide this information to a new employee who will do a vevo check which states I cannot work anywhere apart from regional for the length of my visa?

Any help or advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Your understanding is incorrect. You cannot work anywhere but regional for the duration of your visa.

The one year means you have now partly satisfied the criteria to progress to the permanent stage, living regional for two years is another criteria to be met. Once you have met those criteria you can apply for the permanent visa. Until you have the permanent visa, you must continue to live and work regionally, that is a condition of the visa you are on.