Any recent 189 grants. Did you certify documents or upload colour scans?

Wooba

I've seen lots of opinions that colour scans are OK for a 189 visa, despite the immigration website saying to the contrary. Did anyone recently get a grant without certifying documents?

I am not recent, but the debate over colour scans versus certified documents has raged on for the last six years since I thought about emigrating. And still, colour scans have always been sufficient..

Hi there,

So as long as your documents are in colour you don't need them certified? Including work contracts etc? Thanks in advance :)

Hi brunettegal84,

You don't need to certify it as long as you provide the original documents. But if you upload copies of original documents, it needs to be certified.

Regards,

Hisham.

You can upload a) colour scans which are not certified, or b) black & white scans which are certified. There have been many many applicants who have been successful doing it this way and many migration agents have also confirmed this to be the case. DIBP information is unfortunately not always correct on their website or documents.

• 5 months later...
Granted August 2015 - only colour scans of original documents uploaded. Didn't have anything certified.

Also, I don't know anybody that actually had anything certified in the recent past, but I'm sure there are a few.

Hi CaptainC,

Could you please confirm that this method is still valid also for 190 visa? I have a lot of documents to be uploaded in my on-line application for 190 VISA and - if possible - I want to avoid to waste money for certifying documents which can be scanned in colour.

Another question: if the original document is issued only in black&white (i.e. a colour version does not exist), the scan needs to be certified before the uploading?

Thank you in advance for the support !

I uploaded all my stuff without certifying.

Even the stuff that was originally black and white. No problem. However, I put small colour post it notes on many of those items. For example, I have old pay stubs, so I'd put a label like "late 2010 pay stub". In the case of our police checks, they were both in black and white. I scanned both of them individually, then I took a PHOTO of both off them together on a colour duvet next to the envelopes they came in with a small write up in the pdf explaining that.