help with visa

davidholly

hi all

me and my partner are looking to emigrate next year to brisbane.

i am a sheet metal worker/welder and partner is a pharmacy technician.

we wanted someone that was well recommended to sort the visas out for us and not try to rip our eyes out in the process?

we been for reccy and loved it but the thing is once we move over and get settled my partners mother is thinking about moving over, to help with kids growing up etc. she is in 50s what/how would she go about applying and what process is it?

any help would be great thanks

All the migration agents that post on here have a good track record with applicants. They are wrussell, Alan Collette at Go Matilda and Raul Sense, I have no idea about their fees.

Your partners mother could look into parent visas. She would not be able to apply until you have been settled in Australia for two years. She would also have to pass the balance of family test, i.e. must have an equal number or more children in Australia than outside. It also costs about $50,000.

What Bungo said - all good agents with a good rep.

As for your oh's mother - a lot of people assume that Britain and Australia will make it easy for relatives to move between the two countries, but nothing could be further from the truth! Is your wife banking on her mum being there? Would it ruin her enjoyment of Australia if she couldn't be? If so, then I suggest your first step is to understand the possibilities for her mum before you spend money on your own visas.

The challenge for many parents is that they can't afford the move. The visa costs £50,000. Many people can raise that when they sell their UK house - but then they have £50,000 less to spend on a new home in Australia, and Australian houses and flats are mostly dearer than the UK, so they may struggle to afford something nice. I have friends who did it - they had a lovely home in the UK but have had to settle for a smaller house in a cheaper suburb, over two hours' drive from their grandchildren! So do research first, it's achievable but you have to know what you're doing.

could we sponsor her? i have heard that term said before when we were on our reccy about sponsoring their parents.

and if she has more children outside of oz than in she cannot move is this correct? she has 3 children.

as we are looking to emigrate next year my partners brother is also thinking about it but obviously once we move and he can come visit have a look around but this isnt a defo thing he may not like it you never know. so my partners mother may have 2 children outside of oz

yeah i seen the sum was around $50,000 she would be selling her house to move over so that not much of a problem.

could we sponsor her? i have heard that term said before when we were on our reccy about sponsoring their parents.

and if she has more children outside of oz than in she cannot move is this correct? she has 3 children.

as we are looking to emigrate next year my partners brother is also thinking about it but obviously once we move and he can come visit have a look around but this isnt a defo thing he may not like it you never know. so my partners mother may have 2 children outside of oz

yeah i seen the sum was around $50,000 she would be selling her house to move over so that not much of a problem.

All parent visas require a sponsor, so yes you would have to sponsor her.

But it doesn't change the balance of family test, if she has two children outside Australia and on in, then no she cannot apply for a parent visa.

could we sponsor her?

As Bungo says, that contributory visa IS with a sponsor. Without a sponsor, she wouldn't be able to migrate at all.

Has she looked into the cost of houses where you're going? Like I said, the problem is that she may easily afford that money from the sale of her home, but then she might struggle to buy something in Oz with what she's got left over. She'll certainly have to settle for something smaller than what she's got now.

It may or may not be an issue for you - it all depends how important that mother/daughter relationship is to your oh. Since being on these forums, I've been surprised how differently people can react.

I was always very independent of my family and while I missed my Mum, I was quite happy to emigrate so long as I could see her on the occasional holidays. Whereas some people are so close, they find they're desperately unhappy without mum - to the point where they'll head home and even break up their marriage! So do have that conversation with your oh, so you know where she sits on that scale!

as said we have to be there two years before we could sponsor her to come over what if my partners brother did move over would does it mean she has to have two children out of the 3 living in oz for two years or just one aslong as two are living there by time she wants to move?

and we have looked at houses she may be able to get yes they are smaller but she dont like big says no need when kids have grown up now so happy to downsize its just how she would buy as guessing be hard to get a mortgage.

as said we have to be there two years before we could sponsor her to come over what if my partners brother did move over would does it mean she has to have two children out of the 3 living in oz for two years or just one aslong as two are living there by time she wants to move?

and we have looked at houses she may be able to get yes they are smaller but she dont like big says no need when kids have grown up now so happy to downsize its just how she would buy as guessing be hard to get a mortgage.

Just the sponsor will need to have been there for two years.

Archived