Radiography here in Australia

Alix Fisher

Hi,

I have just applied for my police check in order to then be able to apply for AHPRA as a radiographer here in Australia!! I have been here 3 weeks and loving it.

How long do police checks take to come through? I did it through Fit 2 Work as specified by AHPRA guidelines. I will be applying for AHPRA when this comes through.

I will be applying for locum radiography work as a newly qualified in order to gain the years experience needed by AIR in order to then apply for my skilled visa - hopefully sponsored but this is a while off yet! It's been very exciting getting the ball rolling as only being 21 it's a massive thing coming here already as has gaining my degree.. Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with locum radiography anywhere in Australia? What is the basic pay for locums etc?

Any tips/advice or even general chat about radiography/visa etc etc feel free to comment!!

Alix

• 9 months later...

Hi Alix,

Can you also relay me any info that you get on this topic! I am looking at moving to Melbourne in January and might have to take up locum work first as it is quite hard to get everything sorted from the other side of the world ha! Police checks only take a few days, bet you've got it through already!

Lucy

• 11 months later...