Anyone changing from Subclass 103 to Subclass 143/173

deesydney

Hi everyone

My mum applied for Subclass 103 in late 2012 and her queue date is Jan 2013. At the current rate, the Immi dept states it may well take over 16yrs for her to get a visa. Is that timescale true or fake?

Secondly, has anyone had experience in withdrawing 103 application and re-applying for 103/173. Immi dept state if you do this change u will not lose place in queue.

What is the basic difference in between 143 and 173 visas.

My understanding is $4000 difference between Option-1 143 (Applying straight) versus Option 2 (Applying 173 and then 143 within 2 years). AOS is same in both options.

Is there anything else which is different or unique in either case from anyones experience.

Thanks

D

Hi Deesydney

We are currently planning to swap from the 103 to the 143 but for other reasons than the length of the queue. Our queue date is August 2013 and looking at the electronic calculator we currently have about 18000 people ahead of us.

Earlier this year I tried typing different years into the calculator, going back one year at a time, and it seemed that if our queue date had been August 2008 we would be near the top. I know this is not at all scientific but I am thinking, based on this, that the queue time for a 103 has been more like 7- 10 years rather than 16.

We would have been happy to wait it out, had we been sure that we could still pass a medical when the time came, but we have decided we don't want to carry on in this limbo indefinitely so we are going to change our application. Several people have assured me that the time spent waiting on the 103 list is counted if you change to a 143 application. Lets hope so!!!!

One thing you should be aware of - you have to pay the first half of the fee over again.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Archived