nurseries/kindergarten wyndham vale

k886

Hi all

Myself, my husband and my 3year old daughter are moving to Vic in April. I was wondering if anybody could recommended any good nurseries in the wyndham vale area. I printed a list off the liveinvictoria site just want to narrow it down a bit.

Also I have read that 4year olds get a state funded place at kindergarten, we have a skilled nominated (subclass 190) visa would my daughter be entitled to this or would we have to pay?

Thanks

A nursery is a garden center - guessing you don't mean that! :)
I would think that is pretty obvious!

You will get 15 hours funded in a Kinder, if you need anyother childcare you will have to pay for it in a Long Daycare Centre or Family Daycare. Some of the Long Daycare Centres do the Kinder programme so if you choose one of them you wouldnt have her going to a couple of different places if you need full time care. The 15 hours can either be 2 days one week, 3 the next or 5 half days depending on the Kinder. Contact Wyndham Council or go on their Website and you will get a list of the local Kinders. For Long Daycare in Wyndham Vale I would choose Community Children over Future Kids, there is also a Daycare on the road to Werribee from Wyndham Vale called Blossoms, have heard good reports. For Kinder, the Manor in Werribee seems to be the one people want into, you put in 1st 2nd and 3rd choice and you just have to see what you get if you want the 15 hours funded. However if you are using long Daycare and on PR you will get half the fees refunded if you qualify for CCR. Hope this helps.

We are in a similar boat. Moving over in May with a 5 year old and 2 year old daughters. I won't be working at first but I hope to ASAP! There looks to be a lot of choice with nursery/kinder's but I don't know about the funding, I should probably look into that too :)

We can stay in touch and share info (: im not planning on working at 1st either want to settle my little girl. Its all so daunting knowing where to start!

That would be great ! So much to think about isn't there.

Yeah definitely! Have you looked at shipping yet? We aren't taking much and all the quotes we've had tend to be the same. Going to book flights soon too. It's all getting real (:

Yeah definitely! Have you looked at shipping yet? We aren't taking much and all the quotes we've had tend to be the same. Going to book flights soon too. It's all getting real (:

We are looking into getting a 'move cube' google it. They have a few different sizes, we are not taking much really so possibly going for a small one. It's not as costly as some of the quotes we have had!!

We are most likely going end of March, also with a 2 year old. Want to get her into Kindie as soon as we can as we thought it would be a good way for her and my wife to meet some other mums and kids.

That's what we are thinking too. I'll feel more settled once my daughter has a few friends. We should all meet up in a park for a coffee once we are settled, share leaving stories (:

We are looking into getting a 'move cube' google it. They have a few different sizes, we are not taking much really so possibly going for a small one. It's not as costly as some of the quotes we have had!!

We are going to look at this next. I was reading a post on it a couple of nights ago, looks good. You can get loads in them as well so probably would just need the small one.

Archived