Can we accept job with "Job Family" different from granted 189 "Job family"

SHRI

Hi All,

I have been granted PR (189 Software Engg) Job family. I have received offer for the job family out side the granted one. Is it OK to accept job outside granted job family? at least for the first time

Thanks

Thank you guys for your response. HR have reaised some compliance issue while transfering within same organation to Australia on PR.

What Bungo said... they are wrong.

Remind your HR department that you have a 189 subclass visa with unrestricted working rights, anywhere in Australia. You can work in whatever occupation you wish.

Hi All,

I have been granted PR (189 Software Engg) Job family. I have received offer for the job family out side the granted one. Is it OK to accept job outside granted job family? at least for the first time

Thanks

There are no employment conditions imposed on a 189 visa and usually no conditions at all.

At home we call 189, 190, 175, 176 (all PR visas) 'citizenship light' which means people like you and me have the same rights like Australian citizens besides voting (of course that applies only within Australia, leaving Australia on a PR permanently is not a good idea)