Three month plus holiday in NSW.

gra001

Guys, I normally use an eVisitor 651 to cover a 3 month stay to visit my daughter. If I wanted to make it longer (say 6, 9 or 12 months) what visa would be most appropriate, how easy is it to get and what conditions might be imposed? Thanks!

Which visa? I don't think there are a range of options here, just the tourist visa. The visa number is 600.

It would have much the same rules as the evisitor visa you are used to, i.e. no work, no (limited?) study etc.

I have never seen anyone report any particular difficulties in getting the 600 visa, but of course every case is different so hard to comment moe than that.

hi there what i do is get a cheap 3 day away in NZ and i get a new 3 months visa when coming back in to sydney i also have a bussness visa $90 last the life of your passport easy to get come and go up to 3 months at a time just only use it once or twice to vist like above.

Thanks, given that I don't work I'm assuming the business visa is not appropriate. However, if you get the 3 month visa initially, go to NZ at the end of that 3 months and return to Sydney 3 days later how do you secure a further 3 month stay, surely you have to apply for another visa which takes longer than the time you are away?

hi there what i do is get a cheap 3 day away in NZ and i get a new 3 months visa when coming back in to sydney i also have a bussness visa $90 last the life of your passport easy to get come and go up to 3 months at a time just only use it once or twice to vist like above.

How on earth do you get a Business Visa for $90 that last the life of your passport-thats 10 years!

A 12 month tourist visa for £75 seems a much cheaper option if the OP only wants to visit Aus. Why keep paying to depart and re enter Aus if you don't need to.

Thanks, given that I don't work I'm assuming the business visa is not appropriate. However, if you get the 3 month visa initially, go to NZ at the end of that 3 months and return to Sydney 3 days later how do you secure a further 3 month stay, surely you have to apply for another visa which takes longer than the time you are away?

Its automatic. The visa you would be on is valid for 12 months for stays of up to 3 months at a time.

I'd look into the tourist visa CaptainC mentioned. It may have a no further stay condition on it but if you plan to depart and return to the UK it won't be an issue.

Thanks guys, seems the 600 is the way to go. TBH I'd migrate if I could but unlike the UK you can't just rock up, stroll in and stay!!

Funnily enough you can't d that in the UK either.

Have ou any idea how difficult it is for a British person to move back to the UK with an Australian partner? (for example)

No experience of the example you mention but one thing is for sure, Australia control immigration more effectively than the UK/Europe.

it is actually incredibly difficult to migrate to the UK, unless you are lucky enough to be from the EU.

Its a myth that just about anyone can get in.

For Spouse Visas its many many times easier to move to Australia -no requirements for a job or huge savings ( in the region of £62,500) . And as an economic migrant its also much easier to get into Australia, and I believe Canada, than it is to get into the UK.

No experience of the example you mention but one thing is for sure, Australia control immigration more effectively than the UK/Europe.

Well glad you finally cracked onto the 600 visa which I mentioned in post #3. But you are very wrong, it is significantly more difficult to get a spouse visa to the to UK than it is to get one for Australia.

Well glad you finally cracked onto the 600 visa which I mentioned in post #3. But you are very wrong, it is significantly more difficult to get a spouse visa to the to UK than it is to get one for Australia.

I'll vouch for that. Although processing times are A LOT quicker in the UK

Archived