Need help with visa!!

Jamesb2391

Hello guys

Iim really hoping somebody can help me out with this.

Here goes so my parents and younger sister made the move to Australia 7 years and I stayed back in the UK. However this year I decided to join them, I came over on a working holiday visa with the intention to stay here for good. So I apply for the 802 family visa, which I was declined as I was working here and not dependent on my family apparently....

I really enjoy my job however they are unable to sponsor me as I don't have a trade for the job I am doing. I have been told about a remaining relative visa? I've been told that there is a 10 year waiting list for this visa and I will be put onto a bridging visa?? However the restrictions on my holiday working visa are going to apply on my bridging visa, which mens I can only work with one employer for 6 months and then change. I really don't fancy doing that for 10 years.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks James

How about training for a skilled trade in Australia on a student visa? Then after that applying for residency via the skilled migration route.

It's a long term plan but it's most likely doable.

The fact that you were working and not totally dependent on your family was the factor in the visa refusal, and if you didn't meet the criteria then the visa must, by law, be refused.

You could also book an appointment to see a MARA registered agent to see if they can form a strategy with you.

Hello guys

Iim really hoping somebody can help me out with this.

Here goes so my parents and younger sister made the move to Australia 7 years and I stayed back in the UK. However this year I decided to join them, I came over on a working holiday visa with the intention to stay here for good. So I apply for the 802 family visa, which I was declined as I was working here and not dependent on my family apparently....

I really enjoy my job however they are unable to sponsor me as I don't have a trade for the job I am doing. I have been told about a remaining relative visa? I've been told that there is a 10 year waiting list for this visa and I will be put onto a bridging visa?? However the restrictions on my holiday working visa are going to apply on my bridging visa, which mens I can only work with one employer for 6 months and then change. I really don't fancy doing that for 10 years.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks James

The waiting time for the last remaining Relative visa is now estimated at 56 years.

The child visa refusal was inevitable I am afraid, the fact you even got a WHV before it would be enough to rule you out on that alone.

What do you mean you don't have a "trade" for the job you are doing? Do you mean you don't have qualifications? Because if you are doing the job, well you have experience and sometimes this is enough for a 457 visa. What kind of job is it?

Other than that, well there will be no quick solution for you and I think you need to look to a medium to long term plan of retraining and hopefully in an occupation that remains in demand.

I don't think there is anything you can do other than return to the UK and spend years training in something that will give you a visa in your own right. I know someone who was in a similar situation and everything that could be done was done, a migrant agent left no stone unturned but the result was the person concerned couldn't stay. Sorry, not what you want to hear but it's how it is.

• 1 month later...

Hi James,

only just come across your post must have missed it back in September. My son was in the exact same positions as you. We have bit the bullet and gone for the 835 remaining relative onshore visa. I've commented on several other threads so if you look on my activity there's lots of people giving good information. The wait yes is 56 years, but our son is here and able to stay until it is granted, he was on a WHV now on a bridging visa A he also wrote to the minister asking for unrestricted working rights and that was granted within 2 weeks. We have been through the whole process in the the last year so if there's anything else I can maybe help with just ask. Good luck.

debbs

Archived