How to enroll for 2016 academic year?

Yuri

Hi ..

Anyone can help give us some advices about enrolling my daughter to Year 10/11 next year?

This is a sudden decision in our part to have her finished her high school in Australia instead of finishing her A level in our current country.

I realized that the enrollment period has lapsed so I am now having no idea of what to do.

Thanks before for any advices or comments.

Rgds,

Yuri

It depends whether you are looking for a state or independent school. For a state school you will need to be living in the catchment area first but once you are then the local school would have to provide a place, if it's an independent school then you can enroll from the UK although it may be 'subject to interview' on arrival. That was one of the reasons we opted for an independent school and it was less than $4000 a year.

Is she going into year 10 or 11? They are quite different and, if year 11, she will need to be there at the beginning of the year (school year starts end Jan). Yr 10 is not so important. Bear in mind, too, that the year levels may be different and could potentially be different in the two states you have mentioned as it depends on when her birthday falls.

Government schools are obliged to find a place if you live in their catchment area. Private - who knows, some of them you need to have her name down at birth, others have high demand intake years so there is no guarantee you would get the private school of your choice anyway if her name hasn't been down for the past 15 years.