189 visa?

ickleric

I'm not sure of your exact profession, so details might be slightly different - but I know my mechanical engineer husband had to submit a copy of his qualification/degree to the approriate assessing body (Engineers Australia) and they 'confirm' that the qualification is of similar equivalent to Australian degrees. This along with work experience contributes to proving evidence of your skills. I'm not sure if you can submit only work experience, but you would earn more points in support of the 189 visa with both a degree and work experience.

Hi,

If I moved to aus I think I'd apply for the 189 skilled visa, the closest sol I can find is computer network and systems engineer. How do they assess your job skills? Do you have to just have so many years of experience , or exams too?

Firstly just to be clear... this involves two very separate processes. I.e. Getting your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration purposes is totally separate from then making an EOI for a 189 GSM and subsequent VISA application.

You would need to have a Skills Assessment first to ensure you can claim the required number of points to later use towards your claims on an EOI, and also later down the road on a VISA Application when you get invited to apply. Each nominated occupation on the CSOL (and indeed the SOL) have an Authorised Assessing Authority. If you look at the list it will detail the authority next to each occupation; https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

I'm not clear from your post which ANZSCO code you are referring to, but from the description of the job you included then you will more than likely require a Skills Assessment from ACS (Australian Computer Society). If you visit their website then it should give the information you need; https://www.acs.org.au/migration-skills-assessment.

Best of luck.

Archived