Sydney

Captain Roberto

You could probably find a club with a 'kids friendly' policy, which many do have, as they try to maintain or build up their membership. Some people mock them, but I always enjoyed going along for the meat rafflle which many run.

There was a time when clubs were strictly adults only, with equally strict dress policies, but many have relaxed their rules. I don't know any of the clubs up that way, though. I should Google! Not much luck, though I did find a site set up by North Shore Mums which might be of interest. This seems like a good site for families on the North Shore.

http://www.northshoremums.com.au/18-local-restaurants-cafes-pubs-with-playgrounds/

Thanks - we've been to a few of them already and plan on scoping out a few more now Spring is here. I've also joined the local Bowlo (West Pymble) and the kids love it (they are really child friendly and the Asian food served up is good also) and the locals are really good in there also... not won the meat raffle yet but have a couple of bottles of wine :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice night out that the whole family can enjoys is:

See a film at the Roseville Cinema, followed by dinner at Cafe Lyon in Lindfield and pudding at Lindfield Gelatiamo.

Hop, skip and jump on train line - very close so not much travelling required

A little further afield but doable from the North Shore is a pub called The Oaks in Neutral Bay.

See a film at the Roseville Cinema, followed by dinner at Cafe Lyon in Lindfield and pudding at Lindfield Gelatiamo.

A little further afield but doable from the North Shore is a pub called The Oaks in Neutral Bay.[/QUOTE]

When we first arrived in Sydney (34 years ago) we lived just around the corner from The Oaks. Used to catch the bus at the stop opposite into the city to work.

A little further afield but doable from the North Shore is a pub called The Oaks in Neutral Bay.

I have had soft spot for The Oaks ever since I lived in Neutral Bay in 1979, first with my brother Neil, then Michael too. We all came out in order of age between Nov 1978, and Sept 1979.

Thanks - we've been to a few of them already and plan on scoping out a few more now Spring is here. I've also joined the local Bowlo (West Pymble) and the kids love it (they are really child friendly and the Asian food served up is good also) and the locals are really good in there also... not won the meat raffle yet but have a couple of bottles of wine :)

It's great to have a good local. Here in Surry Hills, I have more than one, and I'm in one of them now, Strawberry Hills, just finished the quiz, coming in 2nd bottom but on my own. I need more geniuses! Wed 7 30. I got 41 points and winners got 57.

Melbourne Cup parties are being advertised now I see. Just asked guy I know if he is going? His 40th in a row in think.

I Googled Gordon Bowlo and St Ives Bowlo. I've been to Chatswood RSL.

There was a time when I ranged all over Sydney, but now even the likes of Newtown, Glebe and Paddington are like going to the Outback!

• 3 weeks later...
@MARYROSE02 I walk past it on the way to work. Working in Malborough street at the moment. I like Surry Hills. It's vibey, lots of pubs.

In the 5/6 storey white building with lots of cool new businesses? Between Goodlet and Belvoir Sts? I could do with a nice little job somewhere like that 5 minwalk from home, 2pm to 6pm. I'm in one of the pubs now, Trinity Bar. Cnr Crown and Devonshire sts.

Archived