Pte practice

Wooba

I did the "ONLINE SAMPLE QUESTIONS" package, as I couldn't use the DVD included in the book I bought (forgot I don't own any PC equipment that has DVD slots anymore haaha)

Went through all the questions twice and nailed the test. That being said... I had plenty of practise trying to pass IELTS, not sure if that helped my PTE at all or not.

That's a fair point, but I don't believe in spending money, no matter how small the amount if I don't have to.

I have better than average English, but since I've never taken one of these tests before I'm trying to see if I need to spend the money. If I have to I will.

That's a fair point, but I don't believe in spending money, no matter how small the amount if I don't have to.

I have better than average English, but since I've never taken one of these tests before I'm trying to see if I need to spend the money. If I have to I will.

My recommendation is to buy the online sample questions $9.99.

Maybe not eat lunch tomorrow, and you'll be breaking even :)

I sat IELTS with zero prperation and got S9,R9,L9,W7, I knew my writing would be the hard one as I rely on a spell cheaker at work too much! I then did PTE-A with no practice and messed up on the Speaking element!

I've just boguht the $9.99 practice questions and I would say that it is worth it just so you know the format of the questions etc. for some reason I just found the speaking element to be strange and struggled with it, my spoken English is perfectly fine hence the 9 in the IELTS equivilant! Hopefully I will get the 79 I need tomorrow!

• 3 weeks later...

I bit the bullet and bought the Gold Package with the 2 marked tests. I just finished the first one and I got an overall mark of 87. I looked at the Border.gov.au website and it says you have to have 79 in 4 categories.

I got

Listening 84

Reading 88

Speaking 90

Writing 83

I didn't think I needed to get the tests, but I had to agree with supercow. It's worth the extra $ for peace of mind knowing what I'll be up against.

I bit the bullet and bought the Gold Package with the 2 marked tests. I just finished the first one and I got an overall mark of 87. I looked at the Border.gov.au website and it says you have to have 79 in 4 categories.

I got

Listening 84

Reading 88

Speaking 90

Writing 83

I didn't think I needed to get the tests, but I had to agree with supercow. It's worth the extra $ for peace of mind knowing what I'll be up against.

Absolutely excellent score! I think you'll do just fine in the real thing. Make sure you still do some revision, just to give you the best possible shot at it!

Good luck

I got

Listening 84

Reading 88

Speaking 90

Writing 83

Good work mate, you'll ace the test. The other peace of mind factor, is that nothing will come as a surprise to you during the test, potentially spinning you in circles while the time counts down.

Let us know how you get on with the main test.

Archived