Moving Cubes

mandy1963

Sorry if this has been spoken about before,"Moving Cubes" I have had a look but cant find anything about them.

Are they good value ? we would want the biggest they do, but was wondering if they are cheaper than half a container. We are only taking some boxes back of my husbands tools, lots of my craft stuff and my sons xbox and games, and maybe our tvs not sure on those at the moment.

Has anybody used these cubes ? and what did you think of them ?

This is a old thread but gives some idea of price...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/166269-movecube-australia-uk.html

I just did the request quote for a large move cube and it came out at $2166.50 - $2211.50 depending on shipping time, with a $300 deposit, that was packing/loading & unloading myself, why not give it a go yourself as you know what you want to ship and approx. size of cube needed...

Ai had a quote for the large move cube from Brisbane to Manchester. See below;

[TABLE=class: MainTable, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: style1, colspan: 5]Shipping Items:
1 Large Cube (226x146x187cm)
[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: Pricing, colspan: 5]Shipping Price:
AUD1,714.50

A
AUD300.00
Deposit is payable on order, the remainder
(AUD1,414.50)
is then paid

after
your MoveCube is collected in Australia but
before
it is dispatched.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 5] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
The MoveCube is shipped and, on arrival, inspected. [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]
The MoveCube is then cleared through customs. [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]
The MoveCube is delivered to you for unloading (or we can help you unload for a small fee).[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: MainImages][/TD]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 5] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: Pricing, colspan: 5]Destination Charges:
£310.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I decided against it as I could move 10m3 for around the $3k figure. If you only have a very small amount of stuff the move cube may suit you better.

• 1 month later...
Ai had a quote for the large move cube from Brisbane to Manchester. See below;

[TABLE=class: MainTable, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: style1, colspan: 5]Shipping Items:
1 Large Cube (226x146x187cm)
[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: Pricing, colspan: 5]Shipping Price:
AUD1,714.50

A
AUD300.00
Deposit is payable on order, the remainder
(AUD1,414.50)
is then paid

after
your MoveCube is collected in Australia but
before
it is dispatched.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 5][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
The MoveCube is shipped and, on arrival, inspected.[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]
The MoveCube is then cleared through customs.[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]
The MoveCube is delivered to you for unloading (or we can help you unload for a small fee).[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 5][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: Pricing, colspan: 5]Destination Charges:
£310.00
[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I decided against it as I could move 10m3 for around the $3k figure. If you only have a very small amount of stuff the move cube may suit you better.

Hi Rosie, I know Brisbane charges may be different than Melbourne, but I reckon we have less than 6m3 and was wondering which company you used?

cheers

Rob

Hi Rosie, I know Brisbane charges may be different than Melbourne, but I reckon we have less than 6m3 and was wondering which company you used?

cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

The MoveCube quote was from http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/. I seem to remember that you can input all the information into their website and it will produce a quote for you. There was even a tool to workout how much you could fit in each sized cube.

Good luck

Sorry if this has been spoken about before,"Moving Cubes" I have had a look but cant find anything about them.

They're not Moving Cubes, they're Movecubes and the only company that does them is Seven Seas.

You'll find plenty of companies that do something similar (sometimes they're called Pods or self-pack), but all the other companies offer them for domestic moves only, not international moves.

If you don't use the Movecube, you'll have to go for a part container. That has some disadvantages because you're sharing a container with someone else, which means your stuff may get loaded up and then you have to wait for someone else to fill up the container before it gets sent off - so you could be waiting longer. Also there's more risk of stuff getting lost or mixed up with other people's stuff.

because you're sharing a container with someone else, which means your stuff may get loaded up and then you have to wait for someone else to fill up the container before it gets sent off - so you could be waiting longer.

I was also concerned that I might have to wait longer because I would have to wait for the container to fill but interestingly I was told by three different companies that there are unprecedented numbers of Brits returning home at the moment and the containers are filling weekly.

Hi Rob

The MoveCube quote was from http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/. I seem to remember that you can input all the information into their website and it will produce a quote for you. There was even a tool to workout how much you could fit in each sized cube.

Good luck

Hi Rosie, ta for the reply - I meant your quote for the non MoveCube option though :)

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rosie, ta for the reply - I meant your quote for the non MoveCube option though :)

Cheers

Rob

I got a few different quotes. They were around $3700 for 10m3, but I went with OSS in the end and having sold a few larger items I'm now paying $3300 for 8m3. The OSS rep just seemed more knowledgeable and keen for the business. I went through a website where you could input your requirements and they would organise for half a dozen shipping companies to provide a quote. I've just had a quick look online but can't find what the website was called.

Edit: Found it! http://www.overseas-moving.com.au

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I used a move cube ( medium size) earlier this year from Brisbane to Buxton ( Uk) and found them to be excellent, it actually arrived earlier than expected, which suited us. Make sure you pack everything really well, this can be quite time consuming but you can fit a lot in them. We sent over our 50 inch Tv, desktop Mac computer, chest of drawers x 3, my partners work tools ( weighed a lot) and various other household items/supplies. We found if you can get some milk crates , then pack things in them, they are really string and you can stack them on top of each other. Everything arrived in one piece and no problems with customs. I would highly recommend them . I could not find a cheaper option , as our stuff was very heavy, so move cube were perfect .

Archived