How to Invest - What are the best ways.

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure, but a house worth $500,000 in any suburb will show greater capital growth than 2 x $250,000 apartments in the same suburb.

BB

Not necessarily true as prices keep increasing more and more people can only afford apartments thereby increasing demand - Though it doesn't help that investors are unloading too many apartments during boom times.

Guest The Pom Queen
Give me an apartment in Fitzroy over a house in Narre Warren any day as an investment. Really depends on the suburb.

I would have thought Narre Warren would be a good place to invest. The SE is growing way past Narre now. It use to be all fields and now they are still building new estates and are out way past Pakenham

I would have thought Narre Warren would be a good place to invest. The SE is growing way past Narre now. It use to be all fields and now they are still building new estates and are out way past Pakenham

Although the land content is vital, you don't want it to be too big. So for instance a 3 bed house on an acre would be a terrible investment proposition. Unless rezoning was happening and you could subdivide into 8 smaller blocks.

BB

I'll be in Mandurah in a couple of weeks, staying with relatives. Never been to WA before. Might have a look at these blocks where the value has tanked - sounds interesting.

I agree, you have to pick your areas carefully, however, very generally, freehold houses within commuting distances of major cities tend to be a relatively safe bet for CG.

Anyone who buys apartments off plan and hopes for CG wants their heads examining.

BB

The issue is if the market has bottomed though, or has a long way still to fall. I suspect the later - the unemployment rate in Mandurah is rising fast and has already reached double figures

Archived