a big hello to you all

rademakers

hello to everyone here.

we are mark en moniek and we are at the beginning at our journey to live and work in Perth.

and afther some surfing on the internet i found this great site!!

we would like to get to know to people who are living in perth so we can get some advise tp put us in the right direction.

My husband is a Carpenter (foreman) with over more than 22 years expierence in the Netherlands and in Scotland.

all advice is more than welcome, ore just a chat wil be nice to.

if you got any questions please shoot :)

for now just a big hello from Holland (Netherlands)

Welcome to the madness that is PIO.

Cant help with visa or carpentry questions but might be able to help with questions re Perth.

Are you planning to do a recce first or just jumping straight in ??

Have you looked at any areas yet? What are you looking for out of the move??

Anyway good luck with the visa process. Perth is a lovely place to live.

Fi x

hello

thanks for your replay!

we are looking for an childfriendly area where the schools are good and ofc an area where my hubbie can find a job.

can you tell me something about renting houses over there? what i saw on this forum and on the internet its not easy.

and we have 3 childeren so it must be a bigger home.

me and my hubbie want to come over this year to checkperth out,but where to begin?

please any advise is more than welcome.

and if there is anybody on this forum who is an Carpenter and working in perth please contact us so we can get some advise.

thanks again

• 1 month later...

Hello! I would advise you have a look at Fremantle too. It is smaller, friendlier and on the outskirts it is cheaper than Perth, and it isn't far way from the city by direct train or road. More of a community than other suburbs and more of a european feel. You can get great bread and home staples that you will be used to in The Netherlands. My husband is Dutch. In most of Australia a Bakery is nothing like what you will be used to! Nor will the cheese section be :-) In fremantle you can find these things more easily. I think it may be a softer landing for you there. Good Luck!

Hello! I would advise you have a look at Fremantle too. It is smaller, friendlier and on the outskirts it is cheaper than Perth, and it isn't far way from the city by direct train or road. More of a community than other suburbs and more of a european feel. You can get great bread and home staples that you will be used to in The Netherlands. My husband is Dutch. In most of Australia a Bakery is nothing like what you will be used to! Nor will the cheese section be :-) In fremantle you can find these things more easily. I think it may be a softer landing for you there. Good Luck!

Also carpenters are generally called "Chippies" here so don't be surprised. Electricians are "Sparkies". Anyone carrying out a trade are "tradies" I am sure you are getting the picture now!

Archived